“Never thought I would say this...I was impressed”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #209 of 990 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Chicago, Illinois
“Never thought I would say this...I was impressed”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have never been a real fan of Cracker Barrel, but they are convenient when traveling and you can always count on them to be clean. So, today we stopped in this Cracker Barrel on our way home to Chicago.
They have new items on the menu for those of us who prefer a healthy option. Kudos to them for that move...it was one of the reasons I was not a fan. I tried the Pecan Encrusted Catfish that was served with mixed vegetables and my selected Baked Sweet Potato. The fish was excellent...truly...it would have stood up against an expensive seafood restaurant,. it was that good. The veggies were not overcooked and the sweet potato had a sprinkle of brown sugar. I never thought I would be writing a review on Cracker Barrel, but I was so impressed, I just had to!

• Visited October 2013

Wisconsin
“Good Country Food”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is one of the better run CBs that i have been to. Staff was friendly and food came out fairly quick. Friday and Saturday night, and Sunday afternoons are crazy. I would get there before 6PM on Saturday and Sunday, and before noon on Sunday.

Visited September 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfort food”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I enjoy the food, shopping & dessert choices. Food is hot and taste great. The shopping is so much fun. They have great seasonal items. Many items make great gifts for those hard to buy for folks.

• Visited July 2013
Minnesota
“Will Stop Again Next Time Through Madison!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We like Cracker Barrel and had never stopped at this one before. It was very clean - floors, tables, and bathrooms. We were there around noon so it was busy but it was still nice and clean. We also had the best waiter we have ever had at a Cracker Barrel or practically anywhere else- Virgil was professional, friendly, thoughtful and very efficient! The check out lady was friendly! These things are not true of all Cracker Barrels and we noticed and were impressed!

• Visited August 2013
Mankato, Minnesota
“Good first impression”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Our first stop at a Cracker Barrel and we will be stopping at more after this. Good comfort food for lunch on a road trip and a large variety to choose from. The Mac and cheese was a winner for my kids. Of our 4 meal and various sides, nothing disappointed. Place was crowded and the waitress needed 2 trips to get our order right but she did a great job considering how swamped they were.

Visited July 2013