“Dark Wood, Bright Food”

Ranked #85 of 1,020 Restaurants in Madison
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Going here was a last-minute decision because we couldn't get indoor seating at a nearby spot on a steamy evening. But-- then we were glad because our food was so good and the old-fashioned dark wood interior made it feel cooler. The Bad Breath Burger (think mucho garlic and blue cheese) scored again with one friend, while another raved over the steak dinner special. My gussied-up burger was most tasty. The stuffed acorn squash sounded interesting.The waitress was amazingly accommodating and pleasant-- as she seemed to be serving the entire restaurant! Weary Traveler is operated by the owners of Barriques, popular coffee and wine venues in Madison.

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

We ate the bad breath burger and a ruben sandwich. Both were amazing. Many other items looked appetizing. I will try others if I am back in the area. You must try this restaurant!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Had a great meal at the Weary Traveler the other week while in town. Had a very friendly waiter who took great care without being over the top. Ordered the Mediterranean plate with hummus, tabouli, greek salad. Perfect light summer dinner. I really enjoyed it. My sister had the stuffed acorn squash. I liked that aswell--but it had a little too much goat cheese in my opinion. I like goat cheese, it can just be overpowering as in this case. Would definitely return to try again!!!

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I've been here at least 30 times over the past decade and tried about everything on the menu. The food is always good and often great. The beer selection is excellent. Dark wood & eclectic decor round it out. A sure bet in the Willy St area.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We wanted to have a meal out that was not a chain, and would be different than the norm. Weary Traveler was a great choice. dark, nice decorations, good selection of local sourced plates, and excellent choices to make your palate smile.

The food here was nothing world class, but simple, well made, well served food that did not break the bank. The "East of the Andes" (Or was it West?) sandwich with tenderloin was fantastic. My date had the salmon with wild rice. We both left very happy and well fed.

1  Thank JDButler