“This is the place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Weary Traveler Incorporated
Ranked #48 of 975 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
South Florida, Florida
“This is the place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you love your burger! Try the blue cheese burger. It will delight your senses. It's too big to finish. But the Resturant features old world antique looking seating and some of the nicest wait staff. You'll go back for sure.

Visited August 2013

milwaukee, wi
“Visit home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

1 of the best restaurants are daughter took us to Madison while attending UW is this visit home. Ordered the goulash and it was like being in my grandmother s kitchen. Succulent rich broth and beef with veggies and the perfect amount of paprika. Grilled cheese on farm bread ( bread at my house!) will take you back to your childhood.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Seattle
“Busy place (which tells you a lot), but worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We ate here on a week night, and it was still crowded .... and when we left, there was a line of waiting diners! The wait staff was brusk, efficient and a little slow - but it was worth the wait - gave us time to chat and enjoy the colorful memorabilia mounted on every wall. I also had the housemade kombucha, the flavor of the night was peach blush.

If you're looking for a bistro-like, pub-like place with an excellent menu and well crafted food, this is the place.

If you have more time, there are a number of board games shelved on the back wall.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Okay food, long wait, good value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Twillis600's review was right on the money. If you want to be where the college students go to hang out this is it! Overall we were in the restaurant 3 hours. Way too long for a Wednesday night! But the place was packed. Dinghy, dark, with an eclectic mix of patrons and decor, sandwiched next to the tattoo parlor and a dirty looking liquor store. Our table area had an evil witchy voodoo doll hanging, an old phone turned into a lamp, and lots of pictures that didn't make sense or were too faded to even be able to view. Wouldn't have been my preference of choice but we were assured the food was good and the folks I was with (one girl in our party had a mohawk) wanted to go. We were finally seated after waiting 1.5 hrs in a tiny hallway next to the bathrooms with their "scriptures" of their philosophies of "life" written all over the walls, none of it worth reading or accurate to TRUTH. Our waiter was courteous, tried very hard to please and apologized for our wait which we appreciated. Food was so-so. Don't expect ice in your beverages, the glasses made me wonder how clean the beverage was to drink as they were pretty smeared up. My friends chicken was red inside but she ate it anyway as she was so hungry. I got the corn, turtle bean salad with steak, it was good but didn't have much flavor was still hungry when I left. Place was very loud and I won't go back as there are a lot of good restaurants in Madison and it wasn't my preference.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Detroit, MI
“Great vegetarian choices but so-so service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We came to Weary Traveler on a Saturday night because the menu featured great vegetarian choices. I had the Atlantic salmon filet, which was excellent. My wife had the vegetarian chili, which was good, but somewhat spicy. My daughters shared a grilled vegetable plate that they enjoyed very much. All in all the food was very good. However, the service was spotty at best. Our server never came back to check our orders, and we had to flag him down just to get a glass of water. I had requested some bread with my meal, and I'm still waiting for it! I would recommend this restaurant, but hope that you get a different server.

• 3 of 5 bubbles