“Great Pad Thai”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Williamson & Blair
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Bandung has great food, with some of the best Pad Thai I've ever had. They also have a "happy hour" of sorts, during which they offer some great dishes for $5 if you sit in the bar or on the outside patio. The only thing keeping it from five stars is the slow service. I have been there many times and the service can be very good. However, they often seem understaffed, even during non-peak times, which has led to some long waits. But the food is worth it. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I've been living in Madison for a year and this restaurant has always been my first choice for a tasty feast. My favorite is beef mango curry, which is sweet with a touch of spiciness. Definitely a hidden gem.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We have eaten here many times and the food is always interesting and good. Many options for vegan and vegetarian with friendly, helpful wait staff that know the menu.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I had sate, gulai kambing (coconut lamb curry) and sambal goreng tempe (fried tofu in spicy sauce). Sate was ok as was the lamb but the tofu really was without merit. Nothing was spiced to the extent I like (OK, I like a lot of spiciness and heat, but even so this was tepid).

1  Thank BillB7206
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We've eaten here several times and it is always excellent. While in a small strip mall, the inside is very nice with a comfortable, warm dining rooms. The servers are all very nice, although things can slow down a bit at times. We always go the vegetarian route, although on my last visit I had a mahi mahi dish that was excellent. The portion of fish was quite large and tender, not a bit overcooked. The sauce was excellent with good flavors and the right amount of heat.

As parents of a 2 year od, sometimes eating out is not in the cards. Bandung is a great choice for carry out. If you order online you get a pretty substantial discount.

1  Thank MrClarasDad