“Always great”

Ranked #569 of 1,023 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great authentic food. I always get the enchiladas suiza. Big portion. Giant margarita for $6 is a great value, too. They're a little slow on bringing more water, more chips & salsa. And the servers are all very soft spoken. Would like a little more volume from the servers and to not have to ask for more chips & salsa. The hot sauce they serve with the meal is killer. I love it. Ambiance nothing to write home about, but the food quality and value will knock your socks off.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I can't count the times we've gone there. Always have the steak chimichangas. Use the sauce they provide. Excellent!! Seafood ceviche also rocks!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I found out today that I am not an authentic mexican food person. If you are, I believe this is the place for you. I asked for the mild salsa and couldn't eat it. It was hot it to to the. Food tasted good, but there wasn't a lot of moisure in it. They didn't offer a side of sour cream either. Since I ordered off the lunch menu, not sure if regular menu items would be different. That said, the wait staff was friendly and fast.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

if your looking for tacos this is the pace to go take your family here

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Don't be scared off by the neighborhood. It's a quick 5-10 min drive from downtown Madison hotels. I had the "loco taco" and it was outstanding (I should have ordered two!). My teen kids had spicy chorizzo tacos and the steak quessadilla. Everyone agreed everything was delicious. Their complementary salsa and chips were different - made with green tomatoes, I think. We cleaned the bowl out. It was yummy and not too spicy. I won't need to try anywhere else. And the bill for three of us for lunch was under $20. We laughed at the folks going through the Taco Bell drive through situated next door to El Pastor. They have no idea what they missed.