“Busy!”
Review of Graze Restaurant

Graze Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Graze Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,041 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I will say that this restaurant had such a wonderful view. I would like to say that caliber of the food matched the view but I cannot. Not to say that the food was bad, because my wife and I didn't even get to try it! We were seated, and 20 minutes later-kid you not- our waitress took our drink order. She sincerely apologized, we understood, as this restaurant is a local hit. But 10 minutes later when we still didn't have drinks, and the next table sat after us was already getting appetizers, we gathered our belongings and quietly left. I would like to say we would like to return, I feel like this could be one of our favorite new eateries, but this experience has left a sour taste in our mouths.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Really enjoy stopping here. Fresh, local food and always tasty. I've gone for both lunch and dinner and enjoy both menus. They have some outdoor seating if you want to sit outside. Nice, casual atmosphere.

Their morning pastries are great as well (used to always stop at Cafe Soleil for pastries when we were in town, so I'm happy to see that their new business also serves the same great pastries.)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Graze seems to be busy all nights of the week and there's a reason. The menu is interesting, the food is full of flavour, the atmosphere is humming and the view of the Capitol is incredible!

I particularly enjoyed the roasted beet salad and the emu (yes, emu) sausage had a delicious kick. The popcorn is also great to nibble on whilst tasting the local beer offering.

Seating is first come first served, so be sure to build in a bit of extra time (I waited 30 minutes both times) but very much worth the wait. Highly recommended for Madison locals and tourists alike.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Graze was the first place we ate when visiting Madison. Such a lovely locale with views of the Capitol (and also the guy who rides his moped in a thong and tiger cape, twice!) Our waitress was the best we have had in a few years, and I hate that I can't remember her name. Fried cheese curds were a must try. The ramen was ok - the flavor was delicious but not an authentic showing of the dish (I sound like a ramen snob, I know and I swear I'm not). My husband had a sandwich that was a spin on a Reuben. Would definitely return as there was a lot to explore on the menu.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Having recently relocated from AZ to WI, I was beginning to dread dining out here. (Thank goodness for TripAdvisor!) Graze met and even exceeded the level and standard of mid-priced restaurants ($30-$50 per person) in the Phoenix area. Best meal by far here in WI. Graze is a- buzz. It's busy, somewhat but not overly noisy, and very popular. Located right next to a white tablecloth restaurant (same owner), Graze forwards the trend toward locally-sourced ingredients.

Dinner at Graze offers multiple choices; several are unique mash-ups.

Starters include a cutting board of cured meats and cheese, bread and dip. The pork pate was delightful! The deviled eggs were perfection. Then, I dined on the lemongrass sausage coupled with sauteed greens and coconut rice and a perfect cool green mayonnaise. My companion had an equally interesting and delicious main course. This was a meal to savor and enjoy every bite.

The place was rocking and rolling the entire time we were there. They do not take reservations. We had about an hour wait. There's a nice coffee shop next door or you can wait at the bar.

My one suggestion (okay, two) for Graze would be to tighten up the beverage service. Our server, Charlotte, was perfectly attentive. Runners bring the courses and the bar staff delivers alcohol. However, for those of us drinking non-alcoholic beverages, Graze does not seem to have an effective way of keeping refills aplenty. We did receive a pitcher of water table-side, which was perfect. Perhaps now with iced tea???

And perhaps consider offering desserts in the same manner as the starters. Having the possibility of small portions of multiple desserts would make me more likely to order (I loathe having to choose between two or three favorites.) We've experienced such handling of desserts in other mid-tier establishments (outside WI) and like the trend.