“Fabulous chocolates! Great Employees!”

No photo provided
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Madison, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fabulous chocolates! Great Employees!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I stopped at Gail Ambrosius for the first time today. We were so excited when the girl behind the counter said "try a sample" and pointed to a plate full of a variety of chocolates. They were also serving hot chocolate; such a wonderful treat on such a chilly, snowy morning. I chose a six piece variety box of chocolates for my son for Valentine's Day - he truly appreciates great chocolates. Then I carefully selected a 24 piece box for myself! The variety of truffles is impressive. Each person on staff was friendly and attentive. When planning a day in Madison stop for a visit - so worth it!!

Visited February 2014
4 Thank sweetcaroline29

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Chocolates in the Midwest”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

These chocolates are amazing: a perfect blend of intense, dark chocolate and refined fillings. Unlike most chocolate brands, GA truffles have a very high cocoa content. My partner and I go to Madison (from Chicago) to specifically buy these chocolates.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank LamNH
Madison, Wisconsin
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Best chocolate in the....yes...WORLD!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Gail's chocolate is truly the best in the world. I've traveled to a lot of places, tasting a lot along the way, and she truly knows a fine (dark) chocolate! The truffles are to die for. I feel so lucky that she operates just down the street from me! Her tasting events are also pretty cool, no skimping on tasting or knowledge there!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Jeanne P
Muskego, Wisconsin
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Best truffles and gluten free too”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

These are the best truffles ever. Many are gluten free and the clerks are helpful with descriptions. They usually have free samples too. We loved the pecan pralines, shitake, espresso and chocolate covered caramels with sea salt. All the others we tried are good too. Go here and get more than you think you want.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Victoria M
Brookfield, Wisconsin
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Best Chocolates Ever!”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were daytripping to Madison, walking along Atwood Avenue and decided to stop into this tiny chocolatier. Spouse ordered some house made sorbet, passionfruit I think, and he was over the moon. Then we tried the chocolates.

If you remember the movie "Chocolat," you will recognize the dark chocolate with a hint of red pepper. They had that. Plus so much more and each chocolate was better than the last.

We've been all over the worlds tasting chocolate: Belgium, Switzerland, France, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, etc. etc. I can safely say I've never had any better than at Gail Ambrosius.

The chocolatier is world wide award winning, the staff is extremely cordial and helpful, and they offer mail order. If you love chocolate, do not miss this shop.

Visited July 2013