“No complaints!!!”

Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Detroit, United States
“No complaints!!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was in town for a business conference. The host hotel was booked and after doing an online search I came across this hotel. I contacted the front desk and the person was very helpful. I simply decided to book my room at that moment. I found the overall staff to be very friendly when I arrived. The room was very modern and clean. The breakfast was good . I also appreciated the late check-out. There was a gap between the conference ending and the time my transportation left. The staff was very accommodating. This was my first time in Madison and if I ever come back for business or personal, I would stay at the Hampton Inn again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Caleb B,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience here. It warms my heart to know our team helped to make your feel so welcome. We'll be looking forward to having you back!
With warm regards and sincere thanks,
Michael and the staff at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
Franklin, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Extremely aesthetically pleasing hotel with a superb front desk staff. Everything was top quality. There was an issue with a third party travel site my company uses for corporate bookings, but the ladies at the front desk not only accommodated me quickly, they upgraded me to make amends for the mix up. (even though it was not their fault!) My room was amazing, the entire hotel beautiful and upscale. The lobby is elegant and comfortable, I sat in front of the fireplace on the freezing evening and the restaurant adjoining is very cool and delicious! I did not want my business trip to end and will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Rhonda G,

Thank you for the kind words. I am sorry to hear about your trouble with the travel site, but I am so glad to hear it got resolved. We agree, our front desk staff is excellent! I am glad you got to enjoy the Bassett Street Brunch Club and our cozy furniture by the firepalce, it sounds like it was a great night!
Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you back soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed in King Studio room and had a wonderful three nights there; the bed was really comfortable, the decor of the room was really unique and modern... We loved everything about the room and Hotel! My husband and I are in the Hospitality business as well, so we are really critique about Hotels when we travel. This Hotel is the only Hotel that we will give Five Stars for, as we are the kind of people would check all the towels, bed sheets, pillows and couch to see if there is any single hair left on it. The room we stayed in was spot-less! Five star on the House Cleaning! Although we were awaken by the Fire Alarm at 8am in the Saturday morning, as also in the Hospitality business, my husband and I knew it was a false alarm. We took our time to get ready and walked down to Hotel lobby. The Hotel staffs tried their best to prepare the continental breakfast for the big crowd because everybody were awaken by Fire Alarm. The room next to us were some high school kids and made really loud noises and drinking at 11pm, we called the Front Desk for help, and they took care of it immediately! It was so quiet right after we called the front Desk. We love this Hotel. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Sheepbaby
Dear Sheepbaby,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. I am glad to see you were very comfortable in your room, I will pass your five star rating on to our housekeeping team! It was unfortunate with the fire alarm and the loud noise, but I am glad to hear the front desk responded quickly. We've been successful in repairing the faulty smoke detector.
Thank you again for the wonderful review. We look forward to having you back at the hotel soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was the worst stay in any US hotel I can remember.

Just before 8am on a Saturday an absolutely ear piercing siren went off, in our room and the entire building, ordering us to evacuate. It was freezing cold weather and we had to jump out of bed, bundle up and go stand outside. One might think that this is not the fault of the hotel but things only got worse from here. The alarm lasted about 6-7 minutes and then shut off. We didnt actually need to go outside at all because it was a total false alarm. However, no one from the staff got on the AP system to announce it was a false alarm for over 45 minutes. Actually the alarm went off a 2nd time re-ordering the evacuation but it only lasted about 30 seconds that time. I called the desk as soon as the siren shut-off and asked if it was a false alarm and if we could have stayed inside. The desk said yes and apologized. They didn't think to tell everyone else this important info for at least another 1/2 hour. The GM Michael finally did make a hasty and poorly prepared statement over the AP to explain that it was a false alarm. So, 100's of people were now trying to get back to their rooms at the same time. The wait in the lobby for the elevator was 20+ minutes just to get back to their room. The lobby was a complete zoo and the desk claimed there was no option of taking the stairs instead of waiting and fighting your way onto the crowded elevator.

This disaster was on top of the hotel allowing a huge group of high school athletes to run completely wild all over the hotel. The pool and hot tub areas were over capacity with wild rambunctious teenagers every time I checked. I wanted to use the pool but it resembled a war zone only louder.

Do yourself a big favor, carefully consider any alternative hotel you can find.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MikeMichaels
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Michael,
Thank you for the candor. When we chatted in the lobby, I was under the impression that we had responded to your concerns so it's disappointing to see that you retain bad feelings about the difficulties that transpired during your stay. We appreciate the insight and I can assure you that we'll reference your comments in training and our ongoing pursuit to keep the spot as Trip Advisor's #1 hotel in Madison. Should you have occasion to return to our fair city, I'd welcome a call to facilitate a much improved stay either here or an alternate hotel. With regret and warm regards, Michael
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel is one of the best ones I've been to in a very long time. Came for a basketball game, and couldn't have had a shorter walk to the Kohl Center (important when it's very cold out!). Our room (a king whirpool suite) definitely exceeded expectations...it was huge, and CLEAN. The bedding actually smelled like fresh laundry, a hotel first for myself. The whole place is very pleasing, the only snafu we encountered was when they charged us double for our parking expenses, (4 days when we only stayed 2) but the problem was fixed quickly when we brought it back. The Bassett Street Brunch Club was okay, the room service menu is very limited compared to their full one, and donuts are only good if fresh in the morning (plus they will have better flavors!) The free breakfast provided by the hotel though was one of the better ones I've seen, I actually ate more than just a yogurt. Pool/hot tub area was great, and even though I didn't use the fitness center I could tell that it was better than your average hotel. I can't really speak highly enough of this place, would LOVE to come back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear J M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here. We agree, our locaton is great! Right in the middle of all the action is where we want to be! I will gladly pass on the comments about the linen to our laundry team, they are so good at what they do! I am sorry to hear about the extra parking charges you incurred, but i am glad to see the front desk fixed it for you.
Thank you again for the kind words. We look forward to having you back soon!
Madison, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2014

New hotel located in downton Madison: great and easy access to UW, UW sports venues, State capital. Very easy to drive to and on-site parking available. Close to many other restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc. Exceeding helpful and friendly staff! Rooms are spacious, well equiped, internat access, large flat screen tvs, and very comfortable beds.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear James K,
Thank you for the kind words. We love being in the heart of the city, so close to the Kohl Center and many other attractions for our guests to enjoy. Thank you for the compliments about the staff, we have a great group here. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We can't wait to have you back!
Feel the Hamptonality,
Delavan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The hotel had everything that I was looking for while in Madison attending a Badger Hockey game on a Saturday. Walking distance to the Kohl Center for the game and State Street for post game activities. Covered parking and convenient to room (cost $12/night). Very clean lobby and room and tastefully decorated with university and dowtown Madisom theme. Breakfast was just right with plenty of options to start the day. Very helpful and friendly staff...will definitely be back for a stay in the future!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear zimmys57,

Thank you for the kind words. We agree, ours is a great location. We are lucky to have snagged this lot downtown, so close to everything! I am glad the covered parking was convenient for you, it's been such an asset.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to having you back again soon!