“Excellent new hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Madison
Chicago
“Excellent new hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This hotel is new and is firing on all cylinders. Like most city hotels you do need to pay for parking but for the $12 the parking is built into the hotel and well worth it. Walking distance to great restaurants and on the edge of the UW Madison campus.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear EO-Traveler,

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you appreciated the parking, it really is an asset in this downtown area. We love our location too, being right in the heart of the city cannot be beat! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon!

Michael and the team at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed in a queen junior suite and couldn't have been more pleased. This is a first rate establishment that is close to the UW campus and the capital area. One warning: The tub get a little slippery when you shower.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Evonne O,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We agree, our location can't be beat! We love being in the heart of the city, never a dull moment! I am pleased to hear you were comfortable in your room and enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had a slippery tub, I'd like to connect with you offline to learn your room number. Please give me a call at 608-255-0360.
Thank you again for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We were in town to checkout the University of Wisconsin with my daughter. This hotel was very convenient to the University.

The rooms were spotless and the service was extremely friendly and helpful.

In room microwave and fridge is a great advantage when traveling with the family...as was the Suites Shop downstairs that provided (although slightly pricey) some late night microwave dinner options for my daughter so that we didn't have to go back out. There is also a very complete grocery store just around the corner if you plan ahead.

A full buffet breakfast was included in the morning which was slightly above the standard provided by hotel chains.

Parking was very convenient (a garage with key entry using room card). If I had one complaint...I wasn't aware that there was a charge for parking when I made the reservation online and so was a little surprised at checkout for the $15 added charge.

All and all though great stay and would stay there again without a hesitation.

Room Tip: Our room did not have that much of a view (which honestly isn't something that bothered us). Th...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Scott S
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Scott S,

Thank you for sharing your experiences wtih us. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your clean room and our great team. The microwaves and refrigerators in every room are a great asset, for sure. I do apologize that you were not told about our parking charge, I hope the covered structure added some value to your stay.
Thank you again for the kind words. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Elk Park, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

It doesn't hurt that this is a brand-spanking-new hotel and everything was squeaky clean with very hip decorating. Hampton Inn is my hotel-of-choice, quality- and value-wise, but the thing that made this stay outstanding was the staff. To a person, everyone was so darn nice. My daughter told them it was my birthday and by the time we returned that evening there were flowers in my room. They were very accommodating with taxi cab coupons and a complimentary bottle of water too. My tiniest complaint is that although they have their own parking garage, there is still a $12/night charge. But Madison is a parking challenged city so I was happy not to have to find parking on the street. Stay here -- you won't be sorry.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Loretto C,

Thank you for the kind words about your stay. I hope you had a wonderful birthday while in Madison. I'm glad to hear your stay was outstanding. We very much appreciate the recognition for the team. We're proud of the work they do and it will be great to share this with them. I hope the convenient covered parking, although at a cost, added some value to your stay.
Thank you again for sharing your experiences!

Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was super nice and clean. The whole place was decorated with a cozy upscale modern decor. The rooms were impeccable & the beds were very comfortable. The staff were extremely nice, helpful, & accommodating. Must be a great place to work, because all of the staff had great attitudes & seemed very happy.

I lost my coat & they were willing to ship it to me with no problem.

I really don't think I would stay anywhere else in Madison now. This place set the bar very high.

The restaurant in the hotel had amazingly good food as well.

♡♥♡

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Maureenj0211,

Thank you for the kind words, they go a long way. We are so lucky to have this beautifully appointed hotel. I would agree, we do have an awesome team. Great news to hear your coat was returned to you. If your weather is like ours, we couldn't get it to you fast enough!

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We can't wait to have you back when you're visiting Madison again!

With warm regards,
Michael and the staff at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown
Detroit, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was in town for a business conference. The host hotel was booked and after doing an online search I came across this hotel. I contacted the front desk and the person was very helpful. I simply decided to book my room at that moment. I found the overall staff to be very friendly when I arrived. The room was very modern and clean. The breakfast was good . I also appreciated the late check-out. There was a gap between the conference ending and the time my transportation left. The staff was very accommodating. This was my first time in Madison and if I ever come back for business or personal, I would stay at the Hampton Inn again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Caleb B,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience here. It warms my heart to know our team helped to make your feel so welcome. We'll be looking forward to having you back!
With warm regards and sincere thanks,
Michael and the staff at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown
Franklin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Extremely aesthetically pleasing hotel with a superb front desk staff. Everything was top quality. There was an issue with a third party travel site my company uses for corporate bookings, but the ladies at the front desk not only accommodated me quickly, they upgraded me to make amends for the mix up. (even though it was not their fault!) My room was amazing, the entire hotel beautiful and upscale. The lobby is elegant and comfortable, I sat in front of the fireplace on the freezing evening and the restaurant adjoining is very cool and delicious! I did not want my business trip to end and will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Rhonda G,

Thank you for the kind words. I am sorry to hear about your trouble with the travel site, but I am so glad to hear it got resolved. We agree, our front desk staff is excellent! I am glad you got to enjoy the Bassett Street Brunch Club and our cozy furniture by the firepalce, it sounds like it was a great night!
Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you back soon!
Feel the Hamptonality!