“Great new, modern downtown hotel!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was a great hotel! New, modern, perfect downtown location. And all at a great price!! Every front desk person and staff member we came across was extremely friendly! The lobby and rooms appeared brand new and very nice and modern. Everything was spotless. We didn't utilize the pool or those facilities so I cannot comment on that. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good, nothing fancy but it worked. You do have to pay for parking, but that's the case with almost every downtown hotel. I can see why this had such a great rating! Would definitely stay here again! Like another reviewer said, it has a contemporary high-end feel, without the high-end price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Sweege84,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff will be excited to hear your compliments, thanks much. I am glad our covered parking was of value to you, it's a great amenity in an area where parking is scarce.
Thank you again for the kind words. We look forward to seein you again soon!

Michael and the team at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Contemporary high end feel without the high end price. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. The pool/hot tub area was immaculate, with perfect temperatures and lots of natural light. The central location allowed us to walk to State St. and the Henry Vilas Zoo.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Melony J,

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and got to swim in the pool. We love our location too! Being right downtown, so close to many attractions, is awesome! Especially the zoo, my family and I love it there!
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your next visit to Madison!

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I didn't know this was a new property when I booked here. I was pleasantly surprised by the large And well appointed room. Great location just two blocks from State Street & walking distance to the State Capital and UW campus. Great free breakfast too!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear GBCheesehead,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We love our location too! Being smack dab in the middle of it all, there's never a dull moment. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our Hampton Hot Breakfast, the new items have been well received.
Thank you again for the kind words. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is top notch. It's safe, it's very new, the staff is so friendly. The beds are heavenly! I was very impressed. I couldnt stay for breakfast, so they gave me a sack bag of breakfast to go. wow.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Joy Bell B,

Thank you for all the kind words. I am so glad the staff made you feel right at home. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we're very happy you received a grab and go bag! Afterall, breakfast is the most meal of the day!
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent place to stay...Lobby and rooms are very modern and clean. We stayed on the 9th floor and it was extremely peaceful. The amenities were great with a not so busy pool and breakfast was great. The parking option is well worth the $12. The location is very close to the University and State Street. The staff is amazing everyone was very friendly and helpful I didn't know you could find such great service anymore I thought that great service was a thing of the past.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amber G
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Amber G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love our lobby too, modern yet comfy. I am glad you enjoyed our Hampton Hot Breakfast, we'll continue to add to it in hopes of making it even better. High fives to the team! I will happily pass along your complents.
Thank you for all your kind words. We hope to have you back soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is one of the nicest Hamptons I've stayed in anywhere in the United States, and I've been to 40 states and travel regularly. Seriously, I am hopeful as Hilton invests in updating its various properties, they're able to use Hamptons like the one on campus in Madison as a model.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kevin M,

Wow, what a nice compliment! Thank you so much for your kind words. We love being in Madison! Our city, our property, and our staff are all something to be proud of!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I just spent the night at this hotel and it was amazing. Nicky was so friendly. The free breakfast full of yummy treats. I loved the free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The beds were so comfortable we did not want to get out of them. The room was super clean. All the members of the staff were extremely nice and helpful. Wish I could have stayed longer. The restaurant attached to it is also very good, ask for Ben.The fitness center had a lot of machines and weights. The pool was a little crowded but nice.

Room Tip: Stayed on 8th floor super quiet. Pay the $12 for parking. Use the dark out shades to sleep in.