“Best hotel in town!”

Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Madison
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Best hotel in town!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is definitely the best hotel in town and I was very happy with the whole experience. When I checked in, I asked if I could be upgraded to a suite as a diamond member and was glad that the front desk person was able to do it. My Junior Suite was extremely nice (see picture), on a high floor with nice views of town and my long weekend stay was great! The location of the hotel is extremely convenient and I am definitely staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
madcityhampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
YAY! *confetti explodes* We're with you :) We'll take that title and all the responsibility that comes with it. Thank you for the high praise and know that we'll be working hard to continue to earn similar reports. We're excited to have been part of your Madison experience and will look forward to your return.

Happy summer,

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
San Jose, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great new hotel with helpful staff. Really nice lobby area (plenty of comfortable seating, good lighting), good clean rooms, nice facilities, a mere block or two to State Street and downtown/campus area. Great for kids as well!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

So great to hear, thank you! This is going up on our 'Hamptonality Now! wall :) We have a wonderful, spirited, motivated team so it does our heart good when our guests comment about their efforts to deliver great service. Thank you for taking a moment to share those thoughts and know we look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards and happy summer,

Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Enjoyed two nights at this hotel last weekend. Nicest Hampton Inn we've seen with nice, clean rooms and an oversized shower. Laura was super nice at check-in and again in the morning. The thing we noticed, more than anything was that it was amazingly quiet. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel and didn't hear doors slamming at all hours or early morning banging followed by "HOUSEKEEPING!!!". There was none of that. If I had to come up with a complaint, it would be that the fridge in the room did not have a temperature control (that we could find, anyway) and our mai tais and Diet Cokes were freezing in there. Thankfully we saw that before we put in all of the cheese, tomatoes and pea pods from the farmers market. Will definitely come back to this location next time we're in Madison.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Happy news, thank you! We are such big Laura fans that it feels great when she gets recognized by our guests. Thank you :) We have this posted for her (and the team) to see. The fridge: thank you. We need to see if we can adjust that a bit. Thank you for sharing the good energy and for choosing to stay with us! Come back soon!
Happy summer,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in a lot of Hampton Inns (and hotels in general), and this is the best Hampton Inn anywhere! Great location with easy walking distance around downtown. The hotel itself...does not look like a Hampton Inn.

The room I stayed in was spacious, modern, clean, and very comfortable. They have room service and a restaurant, plus a great lobby and very friendly, helpful staff.

I did not use the fitness center or pool, but the hotel has both as well. Wifi worked very well, stayed connected very well allowing me uninterrupted access to my remote network.

Stayed July 2014
madcityhampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for putting a smile on my face. I especially liked your comments on our "friendly, helpful staff." We're sure proud to have them! I hope to see you soon for a return stay.

Laura
Wantagh, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is extremely well located, the free breakfast is convenient and the rooms are both large and clean. However, what sets this hotel apart from others is the exceptional staff. Every employee we dealt with was incredibly friendly and took an interest in the guests. We met Laura and Isabel when we checked in. Every time they saw us, they gave us a big greeting and asked what we did that day. Both of them are major assets to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Wow, such nice words! I'm so pleased our hotel and staff left such a good impression on you both. I will especially make sure to share your praise with both Laura and Isabel, aren't they great? We hope to see you soon for a return visit!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights last week when I decided to surprise my daughter, a UW-Madison Senior. This was my third visit to Madison since she first started and I usually stayed at another hotel. I have never stayed at a Hampton's Inn but it won't be my last time. Mara, was so sweet and so helpful. She made sure to tell me where everything was located in the hotel and all about the free breakfast every morning. She even asked if my room being on the eighth floor was okay (it was :-). The next night Isabel, who also works at the front desk was nice enough to help me with some information I needed.

The room itself was great! I had a suite with a king size bed. Very spacious, nice kitchen area with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom has a Water Pik shower head that you can adjust the stream of water and since I am tall I loved the fact that the shower head was up so high. I've found that many hotels shower heads are just a little too low for me, making showering a little awkward. Also in the bathroom, there is a night light that turns on when you turn off the light switch. Makes trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night a lot easier. Plenty of hangers in the closet. An iron and ironing board plus extra pillows and blankets in the closet. TV swivels towards the bed, the desk area or the sofa bed area.

Last but not least I can't say enough great things about the free breakfast. I had read many reviews about the waffles but I was shocked that there were waffle irons that you used to make your own fresh waffles. There were also different kinds of yogurt, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon ot sausage, various kinds of dry cereal, four diffrent kinds of juices, oatmeal, fresh fruit, bagels, sliced bread, English muffins, and various kinds of danish. Oh and let me not forget 24 hour coffee or tea!

I can't say enough good things about this hotel and I really look forward to staying here again next May when our daughter will be graduating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
madcityhampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Yay! Thank you for that thoughtful and generous review! I look forward to sharing this with Mara, Isabel and the breakfast team, especially. We're proud of the hotel and, most of all, our team, but getting feedback like this is really meaningful.
Thank you for taking time to share these thoughts and know that we'll be working hard to make your future stays wonderful.

Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Madison this month - walking distance to the Fluno Center. New hotel so was nice and clean. Suite was nice and nothing negative to note, with the exception of work going on at the entrance. Just power washing but was going on longer than it should have.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Good feedback on the pressure washing, thank you. I agree, actually. We'll review the process and work to come up with a better plan for the future. Great to hear that your stay was a good one. No doubt, we're steps away from the Fluno Center, so I'm glad we were a good base for you.
Travel safely and thank you, again, for sharing that insight on how we can make future stays better.