“Great value, spacious, peaceful, and customer service that goes above & beyond”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Countryside Corporate Apartments
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was recently sent to Madison, WI for a research project that lasted ~3 months. Originally I was looking into hotels vs. extended stay chain, until i found Countryside.

The value proposition is simple - for the same price of a hotel/extended stay, you can book a full-size well-furnished apartment with more amenities. It's a no brainer, which is why during the high seasons, they seems to rarely have availability.

The property is in a convenient location (off the Beltline), and very close to downtown Madison (University of Wisconsin area) where I was working. The neighborhood and property is quiet, wooded, and very serene. The apartment was spacious, very nicely furnished, and had all the amenities you would need when staying somewhere for more than a week (this was very important to me!).

The building itself is a little bit old, but they obviously put a lot of care into building upkeep, with both the public space and inside the apartments. I agree with the previous posters that any extreme negative comments are completely unfounded. The building is kept extremely clean, and any issue that you might run into (staying somewhere for a few months), whether is be maintenance, or amenities - is IMMEDIATELY addressed. Connie and the whole team at Countryside continuously went above and beyond to ensure my comfort and feeling on home.

I spoke with numerous other guests during my stay, and I can say most people felt the same way as I did. I originally booked here because the pricing can't be beat, and I shopped around heavily. The great customer care, and charm of this place will keep me coming back whenever I return to town for business.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are amazing, as their views look out into the rustic Wisconsin nature preserve. Win...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We are relocating to the Madison area and needed to have a short term furnished rental. We thought this had amenities and location that would be acceptable for a month. The listed amenities are not as advertised, the weekly cleaning services were poor, and, worst of all, there were bedbugs. It was a nightmare, having to de-infest our belongings meant ruining clothing, throwing some things that could not be treated away, and, worst of all, my wife developed an inflamatory reaction to the bite venom. To top it all of, not only was the mgmt unresponsive, their feable attempts to do treatments were incompetent, at best. As if that weren't bad enough, they were relectant to even let us into another unit to sleep, and did not compensate us at all for our eexpenses, effort and lost/damaged possessions. I recommend that even thinking about staying at this facility is a mistake.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter W
Victorville, California
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed for almost a month on business and our experience was great! Things are naturally going to go wrong. When we had a problem, it was promptly taken care of. Connie in the rental office was more than helpful and welcomed us like we were old friends! We were sad to leave and can't wait until we can visit again! Thank you to everyone there for making our stay so comfortable!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We just returned to our home in Europe from our third stay at Countryside. Our family of four - a married couple, an aged senior and a young teenager- has spent between 4 and 6 summertime weeks in Madison for the last three years in a row. Our initial requirements (we thought) were quite simple: we needed a decent size fully furnished two-bedroom, fully equipped kitchen apartment with washer/dryer in the building and reasonably central. We looked very hard for a place such as Countryside, as we were weary of impersonal extended stay hotels, and we are very glad we found it. I am not a very prolific review poster, but I couldn't help noticing how polarized the reviews on this property were, either excellent (most) or dreadful (some). As travelers we all have different priorities and expectations, so variations in opinions are understandable. However, I can hardly believe that some of the very negative reviews I have read are fair at all. I never noticed any "musty" or "mouldy" smells, the buildings and grounds are well kept and I don't believe dismissing the large movie collection they rent out (for free!) as "outdated," or the cutlery as "cheap" when the kitchen is fully equipped AND you can ask for almost anything else you need, are reasonable criticisms, especially when their rates are highly competitive --and we have shopped around!
This does not mean that everything is perfect. Age and wear shows in some of the units, but these people are making efforts to improve their property, and many units have been remodeled. This years we stayed at one of these refurbished units and it was very nice. Network access was very unreliable the first year, but it has improved when they contracted the service out to the leading local network company. For a reasonable fee, this company offers the possibility of increasing bandwidth in case you need it --this has been my case.
Overall, our experience has been very positive. The staff have always been a big plus: very nice, understanding, helpful and professional (I take exception of one reviewer claiming that they always seemed too busy. This has never been my case). I'll give two examples. Last year, our wall air conditioner died. Within hours it had been replaced. This year, a heating element in the oven caught fire and burned out. Within ten minutes their handyman was checking it, and an hour later he had gone out to the store on his way to lunch, got a replacement element and was installing it! Of course, when you live in a downstairs apartment and the kids upstairs decide to start running around while you are taking a nap, there is very little the management can do about it. Otherwise, go to their web page and check all you get with your rental. We never used the pool, or the bikes, but it was always nice to look into the well-kept lawn or go by the vegetable garden on our way to a stroll around the quiet Arbor Hills neighborhood or, across the Beltline, to the UW Arboretum.
Next year, we are planning on going back to Madison. Guess where we would like to stay?

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Essex
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Just had our third stay in these apartments and I would certainly recommend them. Good location just off a main road (Beltline). Very quiet neighbourhood. As for the apatments themselves they are fairly basic but equipped with most things you need. The laundry is in the basement a doller for a washer and same for use of a dryer. Outdoor pool was good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We have stayed for an extended period and out has been awesome. People are friendly and the outside is great. Pool, playground, garden, gazebo, playroom have all been used. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2011
Reviewed 28 May 2011

We came to Madison,WI from out of USA, with out knowing any friends , countryside apartments were like our family and they had a perfect service with best price , we stayed there for almost 2 years ..

• Stayed June 2010