“Countryside Madison Wisconsin”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Countryside Corporate Apartments
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I traveled to Madison for an extended visit to University Wisconsin and stayed at Countryside. I felt like I was still at home. Everything that I needed was provided and the surroundings very most relaxing after my long hard days. They did a great job and I will use the facility on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Countryside Corporate Apartments

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I rented the apartment for my mother for her extended summer visit to Madison. The apartment furnishings were very complete and my mother really didn't need to bring anything else but food and her personal items. She was very pleased with the atmosphere and the entire experience. She will be staying there again next summer as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I travel often for work. I Like to stay in full size apartments . Feel a lot more like home, this place is the best, the service is excellent, while not new it is well kept,clean and they provide anything
you can think about, Good Job . They give you a very good value for the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Countryside for almost 7 years while I attended graduate school. Occasionally we would think about finding a different place, but to be honest we were so spoiled by the amenities and staff at Countryside, nothing lived up to our expectations. Admittedly, not everyone is in our situation but if you need a long-term place to stay, this is it.

Note, we lived in the Landmark Place building, so this review is based on that location.

1 bedroom apartment - We started out with a 1 bedroom and we only lasted there a year, not because it was bad, but because we had too much stuff! We were getting a bit cramped so we moved into a two bedroom apartment.

2 bedroom apartment - The apartment was spacious, clean, and had a wonderful view of the common yard area.

Kitchen: The kitchen is a small galley kitchen (I believe all of them are) and not much fun to work in if there is more than 1 cook in the family. The walls, cupboards, and counter tops are a bit dated and make the room unnecessarily dark. Throughout the years, the staff replaced the refrigerator, dishwasher, and air conditioner with quieter, more efficient units. When we moved in, we had a lot of our own cooking supplies so we boxed up the provided basics and used our own. The fire alarms are a bit touchy and tend to go off if you have even a bit of smoke or high heat.

Bath - The bathroom is on the small side, but perfectly adequate for one person at a time. Again, the interior items (sink, tub, shower, etc.) are a bit dated, but worked well and are perfectly fine. All maintenance (the small amount that there was) was done promptly. We had our own linens, so we boxed up the provided linens and used our own. We also washed our own.

Bedroom - HUGE master bedroom with a very large, nice closet. Now that they have upgraded the beds, I would say that the bedroom was perfect for us. The bed was comfortable and clean. Again, we had our own linens and did not rely on the staff to change/wash/replace the bedding.

2nd Bedroom - As a bedroom, I cannot write much. We used our 2nd bedroom as a dual office. There was plenty of room for 2 large glass/metal desks, printer table, 3 shelving units, and a recliner. The room is nice-sized and worked perfectly for our needs.

Living Room/Dining Area - The size is fine - ours had a couch, loveseat, two end tables, a coffee table, and a entertainment credenza. Since we had cats, our apartment still had the old style living room furniture which was not very pretty. We bought couch covers and it worked. I have rented apartments for relatives who were visiting the area and the new furniture they had was quite nice. The same goes for the dining area. I loved the huge amount of storage in the buffet area. Very nice. We were there when they installed the electric fireplaces and I am not sure I ever understood that idea. They were nice, but we never used ours. Air conditioner is an in-wall unit and while central air would have been nice/more efficient, I understand it would be cost-prohibitive to put it in at this point.

Deck/patio - This is pretty much where we lived when we weren't working in our office. Our apartment faced the common courtyard area and we loved it! The grandchildren loved playing in the yard when they visited.

Common areas - just beautiful! We loved the trails and the yard. The pool was my favorite and rarely was anyone there during the weekdays. The grandchildren loved the playground area and picking fresh veggies from the organic garden. When they were younger they really loved the indoor play area but as they grew up, they started appreciating the game room a lot more. There is air hockey, foosball, pool table, etc. A fun place.

We used to get movies from the office the first couple of years, but later on we didn't watch as much tv so I cannot say what kind of offerings they had. What we watched were mostly the classics and the kids loved the children's selections.

Staff - Here is where I cannot go on enough! I loved the staff. There was almost no turnover and when there was, it was for the better. Connie and Sally are dears and they went above and beyond in their service to make sure my husband and I were comfortable and happy. Sam is a wonderful fellow and always so friendly with the entire family. The cleaning staff are good from what I can tell. They only had to sweep, vacuum, and clean the bathroom at our house. I did the rest. It would have been nice to have some help with the deeper cleaning but I never asked for help. If I would have, I am sure they would have been happy to help.

Value - Like I stated earlier, we looked at other places, but they just didn't have the value that we received at Countryside. Sure, some had bigger kitchens, but they didn't have the terrific deck, yard, gazebos and pool. Or If they did have a pool and common yard, there would be something else that was missing. All-in-all, we thought Countryside was the best value for our money.

Reason we moved - I graduated and found a job right away. We moved to be closer to my job and because the right place came along at the right time.

Input from visiting family and friends - I have heard some of the best comments from the family and friends that we had stay in apartments. In fact, we had a large graduation party this summer and everyone raved about Countryside.

If I ever find myself having to move back to Madison, I will choose Countryside again. I cannot say enough about the staff, the location, the amenities, and the value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We have been "homeless nomads" since retiring & selling our home 10 yrs ago. We spend 6 months in CO, WI or IL and 6 months in AL, FL, TX or LA. Always renting furnished apts, condos or homes. So we have experience with extended stay facilities.
Yes, we have lived in newer units. But we found Countryside very clean and quiet and the staff very quick to fix any problem, e.g. torn window screen. Connie in the office was the person we spoke to most often...and she is EXCELLENT. Friendly, attentive & knowledgeable. Cleaning ladies were professional & friendly (no, they do not dust, wash dishes or make the beds...it is extended stay and this is 1 of the few times we've had any cleaning service at all. We normally do our own vacuuming.
We had a lovely 2nd floor corner unit with total privacy and a forest of mature trees. My wife loves old movies and sometimes came back with 3 or 4 at a time (FREE). Location very handy (just off the Beltline on south side) for downtown, Fitchburg, Verona or Middleton.
Price? $500/month less than SF 2 story, 2 bdrm home on east side last summer, $300/month less than we have paid for any stay in the past 3 years.

Bob & Judy

Room Tip: Top floor always is more quiet, as are corner units. Ours was on the N side of South bldg, away fro...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was recently sent to Madison, WI for a research project that lasted ~3 months. Originally I was looking into hotels vs. extended stay chain, until i found Countryside.

The value proposition is simple - for the same price of a hotel/extended stay, you can book a full-size well-furnished apartment with more amenities. It's a no brainer, which is why during the high seasons, they seems to rarely have availability.

The property is in a convenient location (off the Beltline), and very close to downtown Madison (University of Wisconsin area) where I was working. The neighborhood and property is quiet, wooded, and very serene. The apartment was spacious, very nicely furnished, and had all the amenities you would need when staying somewhere for more than a week (this was very important to me!).

The building itself is a little bit old, but they obviously put a lot of care into building upkeep, with both the public space and inside the apartments. I agree with the previous posters that any extreme negative comments are completely unfounded. The building is kept extremely clean, and any issue that you might run into (staying somewhere for a few months), whether is be maintenance, or amenities - is IMMEDIATELY addressed. Connie and the whole team at Countryside continuously went above and beyond to ensure my comfort and feeling on home.

I spoke with numerous other guests during my stay, and I can say most people felt the same way as I did. I originally booked here because the pricing can't be beat, and I shopped around heavily. The great customer care, and charm of this place will keep me coming back whenever I return to town for business.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are amazing, as their views look out into the rustic Wisconsin nature preserve. Win...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We are relocating to the Madison area and needed to have a short term furnished rental. We thought this had amenities and location that would be acceptable for a month. The listed amenities are not as advertised, the weekly cleaning services were poor, and, worst of all, there were bedbugs. It was a nightmare, having to de-infest our belongings meant ruining clothing, throwing some things that could not be treated away, and, worst of all, my wife developed an inflamatory reaction to the bite venom. To top it all of, not only was the mgmt unresponsive, their feable attempts to do treatments were incompetent, at best. As if that weren't bad enough, they were relectant to even let us into another unit to sleep, and did not compensate us at all for our eexpenses, effort and lost/damaged possessions. I recommend that even thinking about staying at this facility is a mistake.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family