“It is the best place to spend time by myself and occasionally with my family and my children”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Countryside Corporate Apartments
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I enjoyed this places for six months. It is one of the best places to stay and enjoy the Midwest. Great management, great services, it is very clean carpet, beds, sofas, fancy place with new equipment, cooking sets, excellent comfort places. I can have a quite good night sleep and no noise from anywhere. the environment is ow some. There is a trailer, so you can walk in the evening with your friend. There is a garden, so we can plane anything you would like. I enjoy gardening. It has big outdoor activities and kids can have fun any time. Snow or summer. Plenty of parking and all taking care really good. There is no parking issues at all. They have free movies, Music, a lot of TV in every rooms with fancy music set. In and out is very easy and I visited so many places from here. If you would like to stay by your self, or with you family and kids, this is the places. They have two bedrooms and very large rooms. Thanks to the management make me to enjoy the places, even thought, I came from Florida.

Room Tip: Two bedrooms always great. You can invite your friends to stay with you for weekends!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had a great experience here with placing corporate travel. The office staff is pleasant and very easy to work with. They understand the nature of the business and leasing is simple and accurate. They are the first place I call in this market, I would suggest them to anyone looking for short term or long term stays.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The place was perfect for my recent visit to madison to visit my kids. It is in a good location and had everthing i needed to keep house with my kids. It had everything needed for cooking meals in the kitchen. There is a game room,gym,movie library and computer room. The place was comfortable and clean. I am looking forward to returning sometime in aug. before school starts and enjoy the pool and organic vegtable garden. the rates were fair and the money i saved i got to spend on my kids. the only thing that did,nt cooperate was the weather.

Room Tip: stay on the ground floor its a shorter walk to the pool
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was transfered to Madison and stayed the first 3 months in hotels until I came across Countryside. I stayed my last couple of months here and had a great experience. So much better than living out of a hotel. The staff was great and the enviroment was enjoyable. I would absolutely stay again if I have a need. I am only sorry I did not find them sooner so I could have had a longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was displaced from my home just outside of Madison for two months. Looked around at extended stay options in the area, and found this to be one of them. After reading some of the reviews I was a little worried so I asked for a showing of the available rooms. The biggest negative I read about were complaints about smells.

At the showing I didn’t notice anything unusual in the halls other than what you would normally expect from common areas in multi-unit apartments. The rooms I saw were in great condition, and absolutely no bad odors. In the 2 months I stayed there, yes I could occasionally smell some odors in the halls mostly from people cooking which is to be expected in any apartment type of arrangement. But my unit always was free of any odors from other tenants.

Compared to “extended stay” hotels in the area it was more affordable (I had a limited budget for my displacement costs), and offered me more amenities of a home (e.g. fully equipped kitchen, vs a kitchenette) which helped me a lot mitigating the feelings associated with being displaced. It was about the cost of a mediocre hotel room, and offered a lot more space and amenities.

The staff was very accommodating, allowing me flexibility with the duration of my stay due to the open ended nature of my situation. Although I did stay there during the winter, and as I understand it the summer has higher occupancy. But they were wonderful, and even reduced my rent from the weekly rate to the monthly rate after I had been there over a month (and credited me the difference from the first 4 weeks.) Any time I asked them for something they were happy to provide it (light bulbs, a longer Ethernet cable for when I wasn’t on their wireless, ect..)

Location wise it is perfect for Madison WI. I was born and raised in Madison, and it is in an ideal location to pretty much anywhere in the city. Situated half way on the main drag, the beltline, which connects the east and west parts of the city it offers easy access to both sides of the city, and equally so to the heart of the city (downtown) via either of the two closest surrounding exits off the beltline.

The cleaning staff did a great job. They don’t do your dishes or anything, but they changed my towels, and linens, vacuumed the apartment, and cleaned the bathroom. I have read other reviews with less positive experiences, but I left them a modest tip (~5$/wk) which is pretty standard for cleaning services in hotels, and they did a great job for me.

Having access to the fitness rooms was also a major plus for me, especially in the winter, and not having a gym membership. Plus the mere convenience of a gym without having to drive to one, was fantastic. There is quite a lot of equipment there in pretty good condition.

I used the business facilities a number of times, since I didn’t bring my printer with me. And it offered everything else I could have needed (copier, scanner, fax, computers.)

I also quite enjoyed the movie library. My apartment had a VHS and a DVD player, with nice flat screen TVs, and free access to the movies rounded out the cable quite nicely.

BTW, I did find a link to the TV guide for their cable: http://tvlistings.aol.com/listings/wi/monona/country-side-apartments/WI67120

I also made some use of the gaming room occasionally. Having friends over and being able to go down and play a little pool, darts, foosball was just a nice little thing.

Being a smoker, this place was also really nice for me. No you can’t smoke in the apartments, but having a balcony to step out onto to smoke, versus having to go out of a room, and out a hotel lobby to smoke was a huge bonus for me.

I guess the one constructive criticism I would say is I hope the next time they do work on the floors in the upper units, they put some sound buffering down. You can hear the people above you walking around sometimes. But again this is pretty normal for apartment living, but I just thought I would mention it. It never was too disruptive for me (it’s not like I was staying below the fitness center), and yes occasionally I could hear some muffled conversations, but far less than I have experienced in apartment complexes.

Long story short it was a great place to stay, and I even recommended it to my bosses for when they have people from corporate coming into town for extended stays.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My work keeps me deployed 10-11 months a year, I look for quiet, private and home quality in the places I stay

Country Side Corporate Apartments has nice grounds and a good location relative to the city of Madison, WI. There are facilities on site for laundry, entertainment and exercise, what is lacking is proper upkeep and management.

The rooms and building have a strong musty/moldy odor and it appears that the over all maintenance is lacking.

I stayed for two weeks out of the four weeks reserved, in that time frame the internet went down four times, the hot water was out three times and the odor of mold in the room and building never got any better (mine was a winter stay, wonder what the smell is like in the summer)

The walls between units are thin and you can hear normal conversation taking place next door.
The faucets in my unit were "tricky" and required some fiddling to get the hot or cold to come out.
If you go in the winter snow removal is minimal so expect your balcony to have three feet of snow on it, the parking lot to be icy and the sidewalks to be slippery.
The kitchen appliances are old and outdated especially the stove, the utensils provided are lacking and appear to be a compilation of lost, left or garage sale items, if you cook your own food plan on acquiring some if not most of your own kitchen hardware.
TV's are outdated and there are "VHS players" ???
Plan on bringing some light bulbs, I had three burnt out ones in my unit.
Laundry area - pretty good but no trash cans so you get to carry the lint back to your room
Media Area - Very outdated, good for a historical trip for the children where you can point out "what used to be"
Computer area - 1 out of 10
Exercise area- 2 out of 10
Management - 1 out of 10 what can I say about the ladies that run this place? nothing good I am afraid. Dramatic, none effective and snippy.
Plan on brining your own paper towels, dish soap, dish towels, knives and various other needed items.

There was nightly drama from one or more of the apartments, while entertaining, it is not something desired.

There is weekly cleaning done, but, you will find your personal blanket crumpled up and not replaced on the bed and your personal pillows left on the chair. If you do your own washing and cleaning you will be questioned by the management and they will want to "See" your unit to insure you are keeping it to "their standard" which I found strange considering my own cleaning was far more comprehensive then the provided cleaning service.

Did not see many "Corporate" types as tenants, it appears the demographic is more transient then "Corporate" so the title is very misleading.

Not worth the monthly cost when there are better options in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I traveled to Madison for an extended visit to University Wisconsin and stayed at Countryside. I felt like I was still at home. Everything that I needed was provided and the surroundings very most relaxing after my long hard days. They did a great job and I will use the facility on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business