“Very Nice Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center
Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed overnight on our way home from Florida. It is a little bit off the freeway but was worth the extra drive (about 1 mile off the freeway). Our GPS got us there just fine. This is a newer hotel, it has a small restaurant, a nice pool and a work out area. Our room was clean except as usual when we travel to hotels why do they never clean behind the furniture and against the baseboards? The beds were very comfortable. The shower was the best we used and we stayed at a 5 star hotel in Florida. We did use the restaurant at the hotel and it was excellent. I was surprised at how good it was. There was a local couple that came in just to eat there. It was an "all you can eat" fish night and they both had the fish and enjoyed the food as much as we did. I had the Chicken Marsala which was very good also. The work out area has individual TV's at the treadmills and steppers/bikes etc. You can use your phone headphones and plug in and watch what you want. There is also a main TV on the wall if you prefer. There is free parking although when I made the reservation under parking fees it said "contact hotel" which I did to find out it was free parking. The wifi in the hotel was also the best we had on our trip. It was priced very well.

Room Tip: There are no first floor rooms that we saw. We prefer first floor rooms when we travel, we were on...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

From Mike Wilke, General Manager.
Thank you for staying with us on your trip back to MN. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed many of our services and amenities and want to thank you for your feedback. You even touched on several of our most recognized features including our pillow top mattresses, our wonderful food quality (including our Fiday night fish-fry), and our professionally designed Fitness Center. I also made note of the baseboard question and will get that checked out right away! I hope that we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest very soon, Mike.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

The HI has a nice lobby, resturant, and pool area. Our room on the club level was dusty, some of the furniture was ripped & the bed only had 1 THIN sheet on it. The bedding was the real issue for me. While the top sheets & comforter were nice, I found it dusgusting that no matress pad was on the matress. I eneded up laying a towel on top of the sheets so I could have peace of mind and sleep. On any level especially club, that was unacceptable.
The resturant served a great pizza and breakfast was good. The pool area was clean and the water was perfect.

Room Tip: don't stay in 507
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

From Mike Wilke, GM. Thank you for taking the time to give positive and constructive feedback from your recent stay. We pride ourselves in and strive to continue to earn our award winning service & hotel. While I was pleased to see the favorable comments on our breakfast & pizza & pool – the dust and chair scuffs have been addressed with my team. Our BeautyRest pillow top mattresses get rave reviews and one of their features is a removable top that we regularly launder. Any thin sheet should have been pulled from usage and I certainly apologize for us not having done so. Should you (or any readers) have any questions about our hotel please do not hesitate to contact me @ mikewilke@sixtitles.com. Thanks again, Mike.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Upon arrival we were greated by a warm and friendly front clerk. Check in was easy and simple, We were assigned a handicapped room. As for my boyfriend is handicapped. Are room was very large with a refrigerator. Bathroom was large as well, with a nice roll in shower. Both were very clean. We did not hear any other people while we were in are room. We thought that we might because of the two large families with kids that we ran into in the hallway. We ate dinner at the hotel on are first night. The food was very good. I was surprised by that. And, the service was excellent. I would recommend this hotel and will be returning in the spring.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

From Mike Wilke, GM. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to Madison and for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to maintain our award winning service and accommodations and love to hear that we are! We look forward to your return in the spring and appreciate all the recommendations you can share – Mike.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Just returned from our stay where our group had 76 rooms booked for the weekend. The entire staff could not have been more professional or courteous. Rooms were clean and felt new. The restaurant/bar did a great job with our group and worked to keep everyone happy. The front desk handled all of our groups questions and requests. Best of al was the work done by Margaret Stauffacher ( director of sales) who helped coordinate the entire vents including buffet breakfasts in the morning, pasta buffet dinner at night and welcome letters to all the guests. I would recommend to all large groups and to individuals as well!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This Holiday Inn is great! My husband and I stayed here for a friend’s wedding. It had many good points:

The rooms: Clean, comfortable bed, very nice bathroom including adjustable showerhead, and—a small refrigerator! I am on a diet and it was great to be able to keep fruit, yogurt, and other ‘good for you’ snacks in the frig. (My husband preferred to keep a bottle of white wine there.)

Breakfast: Included in our package offered a selection of cut fruit, a variety of cereal and non-fat yogurt—also some good hot selections that changed every day. I was particularly impressed with the fresh fruit that was excellent! And, I had half of a waffle one day that was also very good.

Pool/fitness center: A well-equipped fitness area with a good selection of cardio and weight equipment. The pool area was also clean and well kept with a nice small pool and a hot tub. The ‘palm trees’ were a nice touch.

Bar/restaurant: Friendly staff—and we had a well-prepared dinner there one night.

You do need a car if you stay here. Restaurants, shopping, and tourist sites (like the capitol building) are not within easy walking distance. But, it was conveniently near some major roads—yet far enough that I did not hear traffic noise at night.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank IronChefNeva
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The weather was wet and windy and there was almost no signage to get to the hotel. In the lobby there were people with plates of food, etc , but given that it was new years eve, I can forgive that chaos. check in was fast- no upgrades were given. checkout was also ok.
the room is typical but the COOL part is the vintage holiday inn art which was definitly nice to see. Other than that, the room was typical. Of course, windows don't open. I would say this is a standard, by the book hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This hotel was a stop on a road trip to Michigan. The hotel was clean and well designed. They have a nice saltwater aquarium in the lobby with anemone and coral and fish. We did not use the pool due to time.

• Stayed: December 2011