“Satisfactory for a one night stay”

Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg
Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Racine
“Satisfactory for a one night stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here for only one night while passing through Madison. We chose this hotel because of its great access to the Capital City Bike Trail. The room and facility were adequate and clean. There was plenty of parking. We liked being within walking distance of eating establishments.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
martez2014, Manager at Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel.
We strive to provide a wonderful service experience for every guest. Once again Thanks! for the reviews and hope to see you next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Johnson Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was apparently, accidentally, charged $25 at check-in. My room was already paid for, but I provided my card at the front desk at check-in to secure the room in case of damages. I noticed the charge, called in, and was told the charge was a mistake and would be reversed. Weeks passed, the charge was never reversed. I called back, was told my information would be relayed to a manager. I asked for a return call the next day with an explanation/confirmation. I never received the call. So, I had to call my credit card company to report the charge and have them reverse it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rebecca S, Manager at Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel.
We apologize for the inconvenience this caused during and after your stay. We strive to provide a wonderful service experience for every guest.
I would like to help resolve this issue for you. I can be reached at 608-271-3400, please let me know how I can connect with you to fix the situation.
I look forward to speaking with you; I would like you to be able to look back on this experience in a better light.
Central Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was my first time at a property of this chain. Compared with other mid-price extended stay hotels, the room is somewhat bigger (fairly spacious), the bed was especially comfortable with excellent linens. The kitchen is full -- full size refrigerator/freezer, good equipment, dishwasher, microwave, stovetop (but no oven). Everything is nicely laid out, with plenty of space to move around. Other notes.
* Windows open, have screens, so you can enjoy outside air and not feel as confined.
* Hotel is a block away from the highway in a very modern mixed residential/light commercial development, so it is very quiet.
* The décor is subdued, a bit drab, but functional (say compared to Springhill Suites, which is much more modern/in-your-face decor).
* Bathroom is minimally equipped, but again serves the purpose, is spacious, nice shower.
* The present trend is to call anything with a kitchen a suite, but not in my book: this is one large room, not really even divided into sections.
* Free wireless internet access works fine (essential for me).
* Although it is off by itself well away from downtown Madison, a number of spots are in walking distance. If you need food supplies, there is a large Copp's supermarket right across the street, along with a strip mall with a variety of stores and services. If you are attending an event at the Quality Inn (we were going there for the Jazz Fest), it is a pleasant and safe 5-minute walk. And there are a number of chain and independent restaurants in walking distance. Finally, it is right across the road from the DNR's fish hatchery, and there is a lot of green space/parks all around. You're a couple of minutes from the Beltline, so it actually is a better location than first appears.
* No free breakfast, if that matters. I thought the rates were quite good (we paid $99 for Fri-Sat nights) for this type of property, and maybe that's one reason.
* Everything was very clean, staff friendly. We had two small issues, and they were attended to immediately.

In sum, when we return to the Jazz Fest in some future years, I am sure we'll stay here again.

1 Thank SocEric
Watertown, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The bathroom had peeling paint and needed to be updated. Otherwise the room was decent. The receptionist did not acknowledge my Priority Club status and I had to ask if they offered ant perks for Platinum members. I was given a bottle of water. Not a bad property just needs some up dating to the bathrooms.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Gonefishn_12,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As an IHG Rewards Platinum member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the room conditions have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
IL
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The rooms are ok, nothing stands out as great, but overall are fine. My biggest complaint was that the "Candlewood Cupboard" typically full of drinks, snacks, etc. was empty. They had no bottled water, no pop, and only a few bags of chips. the worst part was that the guy working there said that was all they had and didn't seem to think it was a big deal. I'm not sure how well the heat unit works either. It is well below zero outside, but the heat comes on for about 10-15 seconds every five minutes and then turns off. The microwave was really dirty also- obviously hadn't been cleaned anytime recently.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear tc3399,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. However, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. Your comments about the Candlewood Cupboard have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Northfield, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here over Christmas as we visited family in the Madison area. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the facility's public and private areas were very clean, despite the sloppy winter weather. Our one bedroom suite held two HD televisions, a bedroom and a living room. The kitchenette included a full sized refrigerator, a two burner stove and a microwave oven. Plenty of cutlery and glasses. No complimentary breakfast. Weekly maid service, not daily. Replacement towels and bedding is available from the front desk. Over all, a very pleasant place to stay as long as you understand the difference between the extended stay model and the standard daily service model.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Stillman Valley
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I had to check twice to see if we were paying the correct amount because I was sure the price was too low! Hardwood floors in a full kitchen (full size fridge, dishwasher, oven, microwave, sink) lead to spacious and elegant room. Clean and warm, in a beautiful and safe area. We walked to The Great Dane Brewery/Eatery and even got a shuttle downtown to the Badgers game. This was impressive, front to end, staff and price, location and feel. The best hotel we've stayed in all year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StillmanValleyScott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Wyndham Garden Madison Fitchburg
Super 8 Madison South
Super 8 Madison South
#14 of 63 in Madison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest
Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown

Been to Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg? Share your experiences!