“Nice pub food!”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Dude... for a pub, the food here is superb.

No joke, I have had every single one of the Irish specialties on Brocach's menu, even the vegetarian shepherd's pie (and I'm a meat lover). They are usually both quality and quantity. So if you go to here, you can probably pick anything in that section and it'll be a safe bet that you'll be satisfied (maybe not, since you'll probably want to come back and try the other stuff). I'm also a fan of the Irish Stew. It's an interesting and original dish, with beef, lamb, and veggies cooked in Guinness broth. Give it a shot if you're brave.

Sadly, I haven't had anything other than the Irish specialties, but I'm sure the other stuff is good too.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Brochach's food is reliably good, and the atmosphere is great, but the food tends to be a little overpriced for what you get. It also tends to get a little loud and crowded, but that's not necessarily a problem, provided you know what you're getting in to.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We sat outside and had the black bean burger on a pretzel roll and a salad with salmon. We felt the salmon was undercooked but did not complain and we have had better black bean burgers. What saved everything and this rating was the wait staff. We asked for a couple of special items and they were handled excellently. Give this place a try.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My partner and I travel occasionally to Ireland and we thoroughly enjoy the "full Irish" breakfast. Our last visit at Brocach would have easily passed for the real thing in every aspect if it were not for the imposter on our breakfast plates: A slice of flavorless store bought wheat bread sneaked in and stole the place of the yummy fresh baked Irish brown bread. We will go back for breakfast, but we will suffer from the absence of the brown bread.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

A weekend in Madison visiting our daughter. Staying at a hotel on the square. Out of many restaurants, chose to eat here as my daughter studied in Ireland. Started out poorly, as they did not have cider on tap. The Guiness was improperly pored. It was pored all in one tap, verses two taps and allowing it to settle. The menu is a touristy offering, not what the Irish actually eat. The food was flavorful, but again, not Irish. When we stay on the square, we will chose elsewhere to eat.

Been to Brocach? Share your experiences!