“Average Hotel but overpriced”

Best Western PLUS InnTowner
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Madison
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Needed a hotel close to University Hospitals and the Universityof Wisconsin. This hotel met both of those requirements. The staff was excellent, but the room wasn't worth $150+. The bathroom floor tile & tub had mold, in addition the room had a stench of old stale smoke. Best Western usually provides better accomodations. Very Disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate any and all feed back from you, our valued guests, so that we might continue to improve on the care and service we provide you and all of our guests.

On behalf of the hotel allow to apologize for your room not meeting your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments are being considered as we plan our renovation starting in December. We hope that your next visit we will be able to wow you with our rooms and not just our customer service.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding your next stay, please don't hesitate to contact me with the information below.

Again, thank you for taking the time, and we look forward to your post renovation return visit.

Media and Marketing Coordinator
info@inntowner.com

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. We stayed in Madison for a wedding and the staff was awesome and the room was extremely clean. They were very accommodating to our requests. The nights sleep was very quiet no noisy guests and the complimentary breakfast was great they actually had real food like eggs, bacon, gravy and biscuits versus your usual stale bagel and dry cereal that you get at most hotels. They offered a complimentary shuttle as well which was nice. An overall great hotel experience I would definitely stay again!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Rachel D,

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review for us! We are always glad to have guests here for joyous occasions such as a wedding and we are overjoyed that you had a great experience. We hope that you think of us the next time you are in Madison and we look forward to seeing you! :)

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was not our first choice as we normally like to stay near the capital. however, we found this place for a good rate. The room was old but clean. The bed was comfy. Bathroom small. But don't come to Madison for the hotels. And again for the circumstances, it was completely acceptable. If faced with the same circumstances, I would have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Rick R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Its only with feedback from guests like you that we can hope to continue and improve our service to our valued guests such as yourself.

We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay and hope that postive circumstances bring you to Madison again! We'll see you then!

BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner

Reviewed 19 August 2013

perfect location for our half-marathon. Convenient shuttle service and Nick was the MAN that helped make our stay the best. I enjoyed the late night bar and the staff was extremely friendly. I would definitely go and stay at this hotel the next time I go to Madison

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Jordan G,

On behalf of the BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are overjoyed that you had a pleasant stay experience and hope to see you again soon. Below is a note from Nick as well! :)

Make it a great day!

BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner

************************************************************************************************
Jordan,

On behalf of myself and the entire InnTowner staff, thank you for your kind words and the opportunity to go above and beyond for you. I’m glad we were able to help you with your successful trip to Madison (and thank you for letting me have a little fun at work at the same time!) I’ll be looking forward to the next time you’re in town.
-Nick
Front Desk Associate

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Thanks to the over-the-top comfort and care, this is the only place for us. The staff, especially Tanika, went out of their way to make sure our stay was as easy and comfortable as possible. Having to have four long days of testing done at UWHospital, coming back to the hotel was extremely comforting.

1  Thank Debra M
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Debra M,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We're ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay.

Below is a note to you from Tanika! Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
~J. Belmont

****
Dear Debra,

Thank you so much for choosing the InnTowner. It was definitely a pleasure serving you and your family during your stay. I hope to see you again on your future trips to Madison.

Tanika
Front Desk Associate

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I had heard about this 4th floor comp bar and hors' de ourves from someone that also got one of those rooms--AFTER I called for a reservation of my own, was told there were not any rooms left of the block rooms for an event. I called back w/ the code and then there were rooms left. I called one of the other parties going to the event (USTA tournament in July), they were also told there were no rooms left, they said that they called just minutes after I texted them to say I got one--then they were told that they had one for them. The next day, I saw them and they told me about their great room on the 4th floor. We got nothing like that and had made the reservation before them and told THEM about the hotel. How does the hotel pick and choose who gets what? Enjoyed our stay enough the year prior for the same event but do not think we'll go back next year--find another hotel where you don't get the reservation run-around. No place to sit at breakfast and ran out of food/coffee-not their fault they are crowded I suppose.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jody B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your first Trip Advisor review about our hotel. Its is only with feedback from guests like you that we can hope to improve the experience for all of our guests.

Let me apologize on behalf of the entire team here at the InnTowner about your reservation experience. We attempt to ensure that everyone's experience exceeds their expectations, and I apologize that that was not the case with you.

Without knowing the particulars of your friends reservation I cannot say as to why they were on the fourth floor and you were not. I do know that fourth floor rooms were not part of what the USTA has reserved for the event. Now, upgrades due occur due to maintenance issues, and availability changes based on a guests particular needs (I know at one point we were out of rooms for the USTA, but then a team cancelled on us), but I do apologize at how hassling this experience was. I can completely understand the frustration.

I do hope that you will give us another shot next year after our guest room renovation. I think you will find it as nice or nicer than the Highland Club Rooms on the 4th floor.

Again, thank you for taking time to write the review. Please accept my personal apologies on your reservation experience and don't hesitate to contact me if there is something else I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable.

608.233.8778 x 537
jbelmont@inntowner.com

Reviewed 7 August 2013

great surprise to be on floor (4th) with complimentary bar and yummy hors d'oeurves. room clean and fresh. breakfast excellent. many travelers with people at University of Wisconsin Hospital so to have the stress taken away by a great hotel stay so close to the hospital was very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for taking time to say such nice things. We're overjoyed that you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know if there is anything that we an do to make your next stay an even better success! :)