“Breakfast and Shuttle Service add to the plus”

Best Western PLUS InnTowner
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The free shuttle service and breakfast at this property really add to the value of the hotel. They will take you and pick you up within 2 miles of the hotel. So if coming in for a Badger game, it makes great sense to stay here for the free parking, plus the convenience of the shuttle. The lobby of the hotel is current, however the hotel room decor could be updated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Nancy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words about us on Trip Advisor. We have a special place in our hearts for our fellow Badger Fans.

Next season, expect a whole new type of room. We're renovating this February, but we're keeping the breakfast and shuttle, so we really hope to see you next season! :)

Thank you again and Go Badgers!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

A few minor details messed up what could have been a nice stay. In-room wifi was unusable. It wouldn't stay connected and for the brief periods it would connect it was too slow to do anything but check email. Couldn't get either my smart phone or laptop to work in my room. The computers in the business center worked fine but I'd rather work from my room. I didn't notice until I got into the shower that we were given 2 containers of conditioner but no shampoo. Didn't have time to screw around asking for shampoo and I didn't have any with me. Ended up having to wash my hair with hand soap. There was a funky sliding bracket that held the shower head to the wall. Bumped it with my elbow and the whole thing fell off the wall. The parts landed in the shower so I was able to put the thing back together and finish my shower. Made sure not to bump it again. Breakfast buffet could have been great. Much nicer selection of food than most continental breakfasts. Too bad both types of potato offered were not just tepid but cold. None of the other hot foods were really hot but at least were acceptably warm. On the plus side, parking was easy. Shuttle to nearby UW Hospital was great. The hotel is generally a bit long in tooth but clean and in very good condition. I understand that they are going to be doing some major renovation in early 2014. All of the staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and efficient. Overall this hotel is a good value especially considering the location.

Dear Marty,

Thank you for taking the time to register such a detailed review. Its only with feedback such as this that we can hope to continue improving our property and our service for you and all of our guests.

On behalf of the entire team, I want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. We understand that the inconveniences that you experienced must have been exceptionally frustrating (especially the shower situation) and we are mortified that any of our guests would have to endure that. We're glad that you enjoyed other aspects of your stay, but again we apologize that it wasn't perfect.

We do hope that you will give us another chance, especially after the upcoming renovation in February. Please don't hesitate to contact our General Manager, Joe Baldowin, prior to your return, so we can make sure to really wow you next time.

Thank you again for staying and for your time in review us.

608.233.8778

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed 3 weeks at this hotel and enjoyed the Highland Club, The customer service was immaculate and hard to beat. If you stay at this hotel get a highland club room and enjoy the highland club, it is worth the premium price. The employees had excellent attitudes and were happy to help and make my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. We love getting to know all of our long term guests and we are ecstatic to know that we could make your long stay a pleasant one.

Please don't hesitate to contact us the next time you're in Madison!

BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel amenities were great. I was in Madison to run the Madison Marathon and this hotel refused to allow a late check out. I would love to be an elite athlete and finish a marathon in under 3 hours, however, when the marathon doesn't start until 8am and the average runner finishes in over 4 hours... the chances of taking a shower without a late check out are zero. Every other hotel I have stayed at in WI after running a marathon has allowed a late check out so the runners could take a shower before heading home.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Debbie H,

Thank you for completing a TripAdvisor Review regarding your recent stay at our property.

I also would like to apologize for the issues that arose regarding your reservations' confirmation and cancellations and check out. We always strive to make every guests' experience, from the minute they make the reservation to after they have left the hotel as comfortable and care-free as possible, and I regret that this did not happen for you on your recent visit for the Marathon.

If we can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our General Manager, Joe Baldowin, directly at 608-233-8778 x 533

Media and Marketing Coordinator
BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The hotel was centrally located in the city close to everything. The hotel staff was top notch! Great hotel for the price! I would recommend this hotel to others, in addition to staying again myself, if I am in the area.

Courtney,

Thank you so much for taking the time to say such kind things on Trip Advisor. We are overjoyed that you enjoyed your stay and shared that with the world.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do, and we look forward to your return trip to Madison!

BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner and the Highland CLub

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at the hotel and it is close to the hospital. Breakfast was very delicious and plentiful. The bed was extremely comfortable as were the pillows. Staff was extremely accommodating too. I asked for a good restaurant nearby as well for lunch and they recommended the Blue Moon which was incredible for their burgers.

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay. We too are huge fans of the Blue Moon Burgers.

Thank you for staying and we hope to see you on your return trip to Madison.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my wife during World Dairy Expo at the begining of Oct. First of all, I have arrived in Madison airport at around 11 pm. The shuttle service ends at 10.45. I called the hotel and told them there was 45 mins delay in my flight from Chicago to Madison. The manager did me a favor and said take a cab and we will pay. It was a suprise for me as I have not experienced any favor like this before. When arrived, the staff was very friendly and gave me every information I needed. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Location is in university area, not very close to where the Dairy Expo took place. But with the shuttle service it was very easy to go and come back without paying anything. Normally I pay for cabs a lot in my business travels. They even arranged shuttle service to me and my wife to the restaurants every evening.The name of the driver was James as far as I remember and he was very polite and a nice person to chat every time he took us to the restaurants. The breakfast was good as well. OK, the hotel is not luxury but you get what you pay for. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Madison WI.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear BartuEr,

Thank you so much for visiting us during the World Dairy Expo and taking the time to post such a wonderful TripAdvisor review. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you next year for the Expo after we have completed our renovation.

We do truly appreciate all guest feedback and are so happy we could provide a wonderful stay for you.

Thank you again, and make it a great day!

608.233.8778