“Staff Consistently Go Above & Beyond”

Best Western PLUS InnTowner
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Nekoosa, United States
“Staff Consistently Go Above & Beyond”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The full breakfast, upgraded rooms and shuttle are fantastic, but I also keep coming back because of the people. My most recent stay, Chet and Peter went out of their way to accommodate special requests and make the visit another great one!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kris L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Amy I,
Thank you for reviewing the Best Western InnTowner on Trip Advisor. We agree, people like Chet and Peter DO make all the difference, and we will be sure to let them know you thought so! I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast, the new rooms and took advantage of our convenient shuttle.
Please visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
Madison, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable. The food at the restaurant was good in appearance and taste. All of the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I look forward to my next visit.

Dear Michelle F,
Thank you for the review of our hotel! We appreciate the positive comments about our staff, restaurant and the choices we made in our recent renovation. We look forward to having you as our guest again and again!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We love our trips to Madison and have always stayed at the Concourse on the Governor's Level- like to be pampered. This time we thought we would try the Highland Club at the Best Western. The hotel staff was pleasant but the "Highland Club" area was not what we expected. The floor was under renovation- all the molding was off the walls in the hall ways and in the room. We had no coffee maker in our room. When I inquired about that from a member of housekeeping- she went into another room and gave me one from there, The room itself was OK- but had the smallest bathroom we have ever seen in a hotel. Not exactly what we were hoping for on an "executive floor" The Highland Club offered complimentary cocktails and the bartender was very nice ( although they ran out of Cabernet). A bit distrubing was that there were people who in their words were "staying in the cheap seats" but were up for the free drinks with their friends.

On the positive side of the hotel- they offer a free shuttle around Madison- which worked very nicely for dinner. They also have a very nice hot breakfast for all hotel guests. The beds are comfortable and the rooms were clean. We will try it again.

Room Tip: I would not recommend paying extra for the Highland Club.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear suemay07,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western InnTowner. We sure can understand your less than perfect review! Indeed, you were here at the very time our remodel was not yet complete. The hallways were a mess for longer than we had anticipated, and a few other finishes like the moldings on the edges and carpets were not completed on time, unfortunately. Some of the bathrooms are quite small, and if you request a room with a larger one on your next visit, our front desk will do their best to select one for you.

We can assure you that your next stay will be more delightful and well worth trying us again!
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Rooms clean, hallway moulding missing lender to a trashy dive feeling. Carpet needs replacing. ice machine leaking. Rooms clean. I didn't sleep in the hall so these things can be overlooked. If renovating a sign would have been nice.

Room Tip: Ask for Kaylynn, she rocks!
1 Thank Gregory G
Kris L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Gregory G,
Thank you for taking the time to review The InnTowner on TripAdvisor! Your assessment was correct when you wrote it. If you were in some parts of the hotel, the carpet was in dire need of replacement. In others, the hallways were being torn up from ceiling to floor. All of that, and I mean ALL of that has changed! We just completed our remodel of the hallways, public spaces and rooms. With new carpets, finishes, wallpaper and woodwork, the end result is remarkably comfortable and inviting. We hope you return soon to see for yourself.
The ice machine is another issue and we appreciate your letting us know.
Thank you!
Houston, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Overall, I was satisfied with the stay. Firstly. I would like to say that Peter Paez, and his other Highland Club colleague (can’t recall his name - there were only two men) were EXCELLENT...To the rest of the staff, they were also good. However, I could have been warned about the construction that was encountered all over the building at the time of my booking, as I most likely would have stayed at the Concourse where my other colleagues stayed.. The business office for faxing and other office features was completely out of order which cause me to have to locate an office supply store. The halls were having new molding, and fixtures installed, and definitely needed carpet which is understandable, but still and unexpected inconvenience. I do understand that the hotel is remodeling and trying to make it look better. However, I was in town on business for 5 days and was not informed of the remodeling, and it was a real inconvenience. When I checked in and went to my room the clothing rack in the closet was broken and hanging off the wall, I had to wait until the next day for that repair, and at that time (CHECK IN) I informed the Front Desk that my radio did not work. It took until the next evening and another phone call to get the maintenance man to look at it. He basically said, "Yeah, it’s not working" then left. After a few hours I called to find out what the situation on the radio was, and I was told that there was nothing that could be done about it , that they would have to order a new one. I booked this room specifically for business. I needed to have a room which was had a separate living area to briefly entertain business clients, allowing me to play music and discuss business issues while I served o'dourves. Mostly the responses that I received, such as “there is nothing that can be done", or We do not have additional radios because we booked all our rooms last night", etc... were the highest cause of my frustration. Thank you for allowing me to explain.

Dear Matthew C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your less than satisfactory stay. You were negatively impacted by us being at the height of our remodel and occupancy, something we tried to avoid. Delays in materials combined with a full house did not make for the best service that we strive to provide. We are glad that our employees, such as Peter, made it what sounds to be at least bearable!

The remodel is complete now, (including the business center) and we hope you come back to check it out and try us again!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was pleasantly pleased with my stay at the Best Western Plus!! We (me, my boss & his associate) were at the Best Western for business (a trial), and everyone from the front desk, to cleaning staff to the restaurant & bar staff treated us with respect and went above and beyond to accomodate us no matter what it was!! We were all very pleased with the complimentary breakfast and the great assortment of dishes provided, and also with the shuttle that took us everywhere we needed to go. If I ever needed to go to Madison, WI again, I know where i am going to stay!! Just wanted to thank all the staff at the hotel for being such a wonderful group of people and making us feel very comfortable and for accomodating us. I want them to know how much we did appreciate everything they did for us!! God bless and thanks!!

Dear Tracey C,

Thank you for letting us know that your group enjoyed your stay with us and that you intend to do so again should the opportunity present itself. We take pride in our caring staff who provided you with the great service, food and conveniences like the shuttle.

We hope you return again soon!
Madison, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I booked this hotel for it's location close to UWMadison. I was not informed at booking that the hotel was being extensively renovated. My room was still in the process of renovation and there were large holes in the wall that were not covered and the halls and elevator were filthy! Bare lightbulbs were hanging from the ceiling. This section of the hotel should have been shut down until renovations were completed. Very disappointed with my stay, won't stay here again.

1 Thank Diane F
Dear Diane F,
I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory because of the remodel. While we did have some unfinished areas to walk through at times, it was our intention and policy to only put guests in rooms that were completely finished. I wonder if you were given an unfinished room unintentionally.
We are completely done with the remodel now. I hope you do try us again so that you may see if for yourself! Next time there are any problems with anything, please inform the front desk so that it may be remedied immediately.
Thank you for writing this review to let us know!