“Perfectly Fine”

Best Western PLUS InnTowner
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 10 December 2010

I made the reservation for my recent stay with some concern, given the mixed reviews here.

I decided to stay at this Best Western because it is very close to the UW medical center and campus. My hotel stay was just fine. The staff was helpful, and contrary to review, the shuttle service was on-time and no hassle.

My room was a little small, dated and a little worn. But, the room was clean and smelled fine and the towels were thick and fluffy. The WiFi was free, but a little slow.

Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank 4MidwestFans

Reviewed 24 October 2010

No real complaint about the room itself, but the advertised airport shuttle is a joke. On a non-football Friday I arrived the airport at 10:33 and when I called for a shuttle I was told it was booked until noon. I took a taxi ($21 including tip). Likewise the wait for the shuttle to campus was longer than the walk (30 minutes).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
BLBCHRM, Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2010

Our shuttle service is an amenity that we offer all of our guests at the hotel. Unfortunately there may be times when it is already booked and you wanted to use it. We ask our guests to sign up ahead of time to reserve the shuttle so that they will not have to wait an extended period. We are sorry that you ended up waiting 30 minutes.

Reviewed 28 August 2010

I rented a handicapped room, which turned out to be a regular room with a handle next to the toilet. I asked for a new room, and that at least had a walk-in shower. The toilet was regular height so I asked for a "riser." They couldn't find one but, but they refused to reimburse me for one that I would purchase. Their solution is that there was no solution. Bed was worn out. Just an unfriendly , uncomfortable place.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank June_S90
Reviewed 11 June 2010

got the room with discount bid at half price that made the older standard room a better deal. Our Room was average size and very clean. The pool was one of the cleanest I have ever seen at a hotel , very nice. The location was great with 4 nice small restaruants within a half block. We stayed mid week in June with a quarter full hotel. Things might change with a full motel full of college football fans..... overall a good experience and would stay again. Madison is a neat town with lots to do and see.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2009

I was very dissappointed with the Inntowner. Upon check-in, it was immediately clear that this hotel does not value its customers. The rate was okay--probably a little too expensive, but I've always liked staying at Best Westerns in the past and I thought I was paying for certainty. I was wrong. The rooms were not very clean and the service from the front desk was horrible. There are plenty of hotels in proximity to the University. There is no need to stay at this one.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank b1green
Reviewed 16 August 2009

What a great place, we payed extra to stay at the Highland Club well worth it to use. We had free drinks and food. BUT the bed and pillows were to die for. Where do I get one !!!
STAY ON THE FORTH FLOOR . PAY EXTRA JUST FOR THE BED.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 123gbs
Reviewed 13 December 2008

I picked the Inntowner for the location. It is one of the closer hotels to the U, etc. The room was standard, clean, nothing special, and I was disappointed that they had no continental breakfast. For $107/nt, you'd think they would. But the great things about this hotel were...the pool was perfect. The temperature was great, especially on a cold snowy night. Also, since I don't know my way around Madison, and it is confusing with no street parking, I was so happy that they had a free shuttle that just drove you anywhere you wanted to go. I asked at the desk, and the driver took me downtown and gave me his # to pick up when I was ready. That was worth no breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo