“Give it a second look”

Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Conway, Arkansas
“Give it a second look”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Staying on 3rd floor now. Walked in the mini suite and immediately thought the 80's. after a good rest and a lovely view of the Capitol I decided I really liked this hotel. Everything you need plus. The two rooms had two flat screens, coffee maker ( coffee was bad though) and sofa. About to go downstairs for lunch. Nice hotel, dated, but nice.

Stayed April 2014
George W, General Manager at Best Western Premier Park Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
FlyMom10 - A good night's sleep can bring a whole new perspective! I'm so glad you enjoyed your Capitol View suite along with our new 42" flat screens. I will share your comments on the coffee with our food and beverage staff so they can take that into account when evaluating our vendors. Thank you for being our guest. -George

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Marinette, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our first stay at the Inn on the Park was flawless. We were able to get a great room on very short notice for an unexpected visit to Madison.

Our room (No. 933) was located on the very private 9th floor and did not offer a view of the capital (that's OK with me; I lived in Madison for 10 years and know what it looks like from all angles).

What it did offer: Great privacy, a very comfortable bed, a fantastic shower with hot water, a good-sized refrigerator, a coffee maker, a powerful hair dryer, and lots of space. In short, the room offered everything we look for in a hotel room.

The 9th floor includes several suites; ours was a large single room that also had a comfortable easy chair, ample closet space, a large collection of bathroom amenities, lots of fluffy white towels, a whirlpool tub and a large screen television. The room smelled clean, as did the entire hotel. I also liked that it had a recycling bin, instead of just a waste basket.

A word about the mattresses: Other reviewers claim they are hard. Not in our room! I have osteoarthritis and I have slept on many hard mattresses at hotels. Not at the Inn on the Park. No problems at all.

The hotel itself offers a restaurant, friendly staff, free valet parking, proximity to great eating, the Dane County Farm Market and the Overture Center as well as the State Historical Museum, the Veterans Museum and within walking distance of the University of Wisconsin.

I'm glad we gave Inn on the Park a chance. I hope it will become our new base of operations on visits to Madison.

Room Tip: Higher floors will be quieter and offer better views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MimiJWisconsin
MimiJ, I truly appreciate not only your kind words about our hotel but also that you took the time to post such a detailed review. Online feedback such as yours is incredibly valuable to us and to future and prospecitive guests. Thank you for posting and I hope you will visit us again. -George
Richmond, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

A very nice, upscale Best Western directly across the street from the state capital building, on the square. Lots of nice restaurants and within walking distance of the university. Madison is a beautiful city situated on an isthmus between two very large lakes. Pretty breathtaking and the hotel made visiting this city quite convenient. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My only complaint was they do not have a hot tub- but they keep the pool pretty warm and the view at night of the capitol building from the pool's window was awesome! The fitness center was fine but we couldn't find the remote to watch the TV- it's hard to work out for an hour without TV! Now maybe someone stole it or maybe it had to get picked up at the front desk? If so they should have had a sign. But the equipment was very high tech (if you bring headphones they have aTV's on the machines.)
The location of this place was awesome. I hate riving in Madison so it was perfect that I could have the valet park me- for free! To walk to State Street was easy and it was also great for the Farmer's Market Saturday morning literally right out the door!
Our room was clean, the towels were nice and big, shower pressure wonderful and beds comfortable. We didn't eat on site as Madison has a zillion places to eat but the restaruant looked nice and smelled good- had we stayed more than a day we may have eaten there. The staff we encountered was helpful and nice. We will stay again for sure!

Room Tip: The 4th floor was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Fpx Point, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The warmth of the staff combined with it's prime location right on the Capitol, made my stay extremely comfortable. Easy access to many of Madison's attractions. The shuttle to the Epic Campus makes it ideal.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Scio, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Generally very happy with my time here... would be staying every week from now til October...but was not able to get the State rate of $70 for all of my stays so am forced to relocate to another local hotel chain that was happy to extend this rate to me for all of my stays - every week for 4 days and once a month for 2 weeks... sorry.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

George W, General Manager at Best Western Premier Park Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hello Kimberly - thank you for the feedback. I am sorry not to have you as a guest any longer but I understand that budget constraints are a reality we're all faced with. State Rate sometimes becomes available closer to your date of arrival. I encourage you to check to see if its available during your future stays because we'd love to welcome you back. I hope you enjoy your time in Madison. -George
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I booked this room through a 3rd party website, as a hotel manager myself I know how risky this can be and knowing that I was coming into town during Midwest Horse Fair (not personally attending) I wasn't expecting much in terms of getting a great room.

The front desk agent McKayla was amazing, after she checked me in and we realized there was a mix up in the room type, she not only changed my room without hesitation but she also was very professional and honest about the mix up. She was wonderful, she offered to bring the keys up to me personally to avoid me coming to the lobby to exchange keys which was more than appreciated.

The room is spacious and clean. The bed is comfortable and the bathroom, while small is also very clean. I have explored the facilities much myself yet but from what I can tell by the Guest Directory this place has a lot to offer.

My room personally views the capital which is both appreciated and absolutely stunning. I would without a doubt suggest this hotel if you're staying in Madison and want to be within walking distance of everything downtown.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Stacy, thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. An industry professional's view will be a valuable one for future guests. McKayla is a valued member of our team and I am so pleased that you publicly acknowledged her warmth and care for our guests. I hope you will visit us again (and maybe attend the Midwest Horse Fair - it's quite a show!). -George