“Very nice, quirky, unpretentious and delicious”
Review of Bunky’s Cafe - CLOSED

Bunky’s Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bunky's Was started in the early 1930's by Teresa's great Grandparents. Vito & Ninfa Capadona opened Bunky's on the corner of Park & Regent street in the Italian "Green Bush" area. After closing in the mid 1970's. Teresa and her husband Rachid opened in 2003. They included Rachid's Mediterranean - Moroccan cuisine to the menu! Bunky's cafe just celebrated its tenth Birthday this year! As the owners of Bunky's cafe, we feel very blessed to have a successful restaurant in Madison Wi. We will keep offering fresh, local and sustainable made from scratch menus! We have just started offering our Homemade Hummus, Baba Ghanouj, Grape leaves and Falalfel at area grocery stores. Please come and join us for dinner!
Reviewed 22 June 2014

By chance my friends and I stopped into Bunky's Cafe in Mid June for lunch, and were rewarded with polite service, delicious and affordable food, in an upscale-informal atmosphere. I found the food to be well-prepared, with tasteful fresh ingredients, and of ample portions. The restaurant was clean, orderly, and comfortable. I wish they'd had a formal dessert menu, given the large display case of desserts available! The coffee was also notably good. We ended up spending a good deal of time at Bunky's and were never rushed and never felt ignored. I will definitely return to Bunky's when next in town, and look forward to exploring their varied menu. We dined here based upon the neighborhood we happened to be visiting, not knowing that it was #1-rated on TripAdvisor, so it was our lucky day. And I'm confident that if you are able to visit, you will consider it to be a lucky day as well. (If I'd never been to other amazing restaurants outside of Madison, I might be inclined to give Bunky's a 5-star rating, since I have no doubt that it's among the best places to eat in Madison.)

1  Thank TeaEarleGreyHot

Reviewed 18 June 2014

we met another couple who we had not seen in awhile. Neither couple had been at Bunky's before. It was a Sunday night but still quite busy. However, it was easy to converse since the nice level was low. Probably the food was too good to talk.
we found the food reasonable and very good. Since I have an adverse reaction to onions, I needed to find out what I could eat. The chef did a good job of meeting my needs. There was a reasonably priced malbec that we enjoyed with a very fine dinner.

2  Thank jgstratt
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I came here based on (most of) the reviews we saw here, and we were not disappointed in the least! She got the chicken marka along with the house salad (which was surprisingly delicious - house salads are usually quite bland) and I got the lamb kabob with lentil soup, which were both awesome. I've had a lot of hummus in my day, and I'm tellin you, it's gotta be some of the best I've ever had. We also got some chocolate cake to go, which was rich and so, so good. It's also got nice decor, very friendly and attentive waitstaff and affordable prices, especially for the quality. We were looking forward to returning on our last night there, but they are closed on Monday...bummer.

Go eat there! You won't regret it!

1  Thank Br0ten
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not seeing why there is all the hype. The food was good but not great. The service was good, no complaints there. I liked the decor.

1  Thank DWJNewman
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

They had Italian and Mediterranean menu. A little overwhelming in that they had too many choices. The food was great. I had the seafood pasta in oil. It was excellent and generous. The lamb kebab was tender and tasty according to my friend and fish of the day, marlin, was excellent as well with a bed of vegetables.

1  Thank Paisagringa