“Best Meal I've ever had in Madison”
Review of Inka Heritage - CLOSED

Inka Heritage
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Deerfield, Massachusetts
“Best Meal I've ever had in Madison”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is it, everyone!! For all of you who research & look over menus before you go out to eat, trust me, this is it. This was my best meal and overall experience in Madison so far. Our waitress was so knowledgable and provided tiny tidbits of history as to the "whys" behind some of the ingredients-- just enough information to be helpful and not at all boring. The food was absolutely fresh and vibrant. We wanted everything on the menu. Bravo. I cannot wait to go back and back and back....

• Visited September 2013

“Great ambience, great food and great service”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in Madtown. Definitely worth the money. Love the thinly slices onions with lemon juice served with arroz con pollo. Delicious food, service and good ambience.

• Visited June 2013
Seattle
“Almost like a yummy trip to Peru”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Madison has some wonderful choices among restaurants offering recipes from other countries, and this is one of the very best! Both the ambiance and cuisine were delightful. For appetizer we had Chicharonnes Inka (Aromatic broiled pork served with fried yuccas salsita inka), main courses were Seco de Cordero (Juicy, slow cooked pieces of USDA Choice domestic lamb, cooked with cilantro and beer, served with beans and rice, garnished with fried jucca and creole sauce.) and Arroz Verde Norteno (A variation on a popular Peruvian green rice dish with fresh seafood, and lots of cilantro. A traditional Northern flavor, accompanied by Salsa Criolla.) and finished with dessert of Delicia Andina (A perfect mousse of lucuma (Peruvian fruit) topped with whipped cream.) For drinks, my friend ordered the luscious Pisco Sour, while I enjoyed the Peruvian cabernet.

The menu descriptions, above, were taken from their website. The restaurant obliged us by splitting the two entrees. My photos show 1/2 serving of each. We had more than we could eat and took home some marvelous snacks.

• Visited July 2013
Carlsbad, CA
“Interesting menu, well executed.”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We've eaten here several times on our twice yearly visits to Madison, and it always demands a return. Both of us always order the ceviche mixto, which is fresh and delicious. Note: be sure to let your server know how spicy you want it. I wasn't clear this trip and mine was a little zingier than I like it. Next I had the Macchu Pichu, my other favorite, an avocado stuffed with crab and baked with cheese sauce on top. Never fails to please me! My husband had the Seafood a lo Macho, which he often chooses. It was excellent again. We'll definitely return.

Visited May 2013
madison, WI
“Impecable”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Finally made it to Inka Heritage for a birthday lunch and it was wonderful. The interior is beautiful with hardwood floors and wooden chairs and tables. We started with a modest but fabulous soup and on to entrees off the lunch menu. My tilapia had the lightest of batters and the side salad was beautiful fresh greens with a light delicious dressing. Companion had the ceviche which I sampled: fabulous flavor and texture! We shared a tres leches cake with a lovely presentation of sweet milk sauce to pour over the cake just before devouring it. I'll be going back!

• Visited May 2013