“Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Madison B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I will stay here every single time I'm in Madison. I've already recommended Livingston to friends and coworkers knowing some of them travel to Madison.
Perfect location if you're seeing a show at High Noon Saloon. The venue is just a few short blocks away.
Peggy is the absolute nicest. You definitely feel welcome in her home. She easily recommend the best places to eat and drink nearby. Their puppy even jumped up onto my lap and licked my face. Being a dog lover, that won me over.
My experience was absolutely perfect. The price was very affordable considering everything that was included. My room was large and comfy with a fireplace. Comfy bed. Aveda products in the bathroom. Breakfast was huge and delicious. Extremely clean.Treats available throughout the day like biscotti and sparkling water. I love sparkling water. How did Peggy know that I love sparkling water?
I believe there's one of those big lakes behind the property but it was too darn cold to explore. Book this place in spring, summer and fall. Even winter. Even though we all hate winter now.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bagley, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We can't wait to stay there again! Peggy was great - friendly and very helpful. She recommended a great place for us to eat dinner. The house is BEAUTIFUL, clean and very cozy. We loved our room - especially the fireplace! We would definitely recommend the Livingston Inn and it will be our destination every time we go through Madison.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Absolutely wonderful stay. The location, house and hosts make it a must when visiting Madison. Peggy and Dave are super familiar with the area, and give wonderful suggestions. The Weary Traveler, Pigs in a Fur Coat and The Alchemy were off the beaten path, but well worth the extra effort. We would stay again without hesitation

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Westlake, Texas
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My husband and I stayed one night due to a short trip but found Livingston Inn to be one of our favorite B&B's. Peggy is very accommodating, the room was tastefully decorated and clean. It's a great house. You really feel at home! Breakfast was delicious and relaxed with pleasant conversation. We will be back in one week!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My family stayed her for the recent Madison Marathon which half of us of ran. The home was beautiful, clean and environmentally friendly. Peggy was wonderful to us. She woke up extra early and made special dietary changes in breakfast for us runners! She helped us find and get in to some really delicious restaurants. She really got to know us, and I feel like we can call each other friends! Ella was one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met to complete strangers! I would definitely stay again in this amazing historic inn.

Room Tip: I'm not sure the name of the room but the Stable Boy's room had lovely views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I arrived late (a little before 9pm) and was warmly greeted by Peggy and her dog Ella who both treated me to a wonderful glass of wine. My room was just perfect and Peggy cheerfully accommodated my request for an early breakfast.
What a great place!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank EpicuriousintheWindy
Rome
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at the Livingston Inn this past June, and it was a wonderful experience. Peggy is the ultimate hostess; she is gracious and welcoming, and she makes you feel right at home! The amenities are gorgeous. This home has been lovingly restored, the garden is completely charming, and there is a pathway that takes you directly to the lake. Also notable is the fantastic food! There is nothing else to say except that you can expect a wonderful visit at the Livingston Inn!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple