“La Mestiza surprises - in a good way”
Review of La Mestiza

La Mestiza
Ranked #126 of 1,037 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 30 December 2013

As others have suggested, this Odana Road strip mall restaurant is not where you'd expect a very good restaurant (it's only a few doors from Pizza Pit). It's higher end than expected and higher quality food than expected. The portion sizes are also more modest than many Mexican restaurants that try to make up in volume what they lack in quality - in La Mestiza the quality comes through in modest (but sufficient) portions. Carnitas (a special) was very tasty with welcome wedges of lime provided, a ball of seasoned rice, etc. Quesadilla with steak (an appetizer eaten as a meal) was excellent. Service friendly, professional and efficient. This place can get quite busy - we've passed it before when full - now we know why. Among the best Mexican in Madison's west side.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I love food. I never know what I want to order, our waiter made recommendations based on what I was described I was hungry for. His recommendation was spot on and delicious! Great place to go for authentic mexican and great margaritas too!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We went here to get some tres leches cake, but they were all out. The service was fairly fast and the food was fine - the usual type of low-quality rice, beans, lettuce, etc. that you get at all Mexican restaurants. The chips were really good, and the guacamole side dish really hit the spot. We'd go back again because it's convenient.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Went here because it was close to my hotel. it was a small place, decorated very nice and clean. Menu was nice, not too big. I had the lunch special which was good and also ordered a chile rellano al a carte. It was very good The chips and salsa they started me out with was nice. The chips were homemade. I will definitely go back here.

1  Thank packwoodmama
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Was ok but nothing to write home about. If you enjoy authentic Mexican I would recommend you try it. It's just not my taste.

Been to La Mestiza? Share your experiences!