“Quiet dinner with the family/Excellent value/service”
Review of Taste of Eastern Europe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Came in with the family around 5:30 on a Saturday... Everything had a very authentic taste. My son ordered the Roast Turkey/Dressing which was delicious. My wife ordered the Prague Cutlet... which was a huge breaded chicken cutlet stuffed with cheese and some type of ham. That was quite delicious. My Thuringer was cooked just right and had a very fresh/smokey flavor. Sides were great, soups were traditional and on point. Kolacky desserts were the big pastry type of kolacky, this is maybe a more of a Czech style. Apricot and cheese filling were both delicious. We loved the value, and would go back because our whole family of five ate for under $75 which included the soup, entrees, coffee, drinks for each of us and dessert. Also, the service was top-notch. Our server was attentive and very friendly with my little ones. Looking forward to our next visit!

1  Thank Guacman

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Great service and food. My wife is from Poland originally. This is our new favorite place when visting Chi town.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

My dad, my husband and myself, our children, and our grandchildren all love eating here. And it's affordable enough that everyone can have a great meal without taking a second mortgage on the house. The food is fresh and well prepared, generous portions. We especially like the breaded pork tenderloin,the crispy-skin duck,the barbeque ribs the liver dumpling soup, the fruit dumplings, A little out of the way but absolutely worth the trip.

1  Thank Barbara O
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My wife and I have been here several times and have never been disappointed, the food is great, you get enough to have lunch leftover, you get soup, desert and drinks included all for a VERY modest price. The food all seems homemade, the wait staff is attentive, all around a great place. The menu is a bit different than your run of the mill place, that alone is a good reason to give the place a try and get something different for a change.

3  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed 23 December 2012

This restaurant has excellent food the likes of which I have not had since I was little. The service is great and the portions are fabulous. We just went with a party of nine people and service went as smooth as if there were only two of us.

2  Thank Patricia B