“Fantastic Polish/German at a fantastic price!!”
Review of Taste of Eastern Europe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

If you love Polish/German food this is the place for you!!! I always order the chicken schnitzel and they cook it to perfection. They give you a gravy boat with all main dishes, perfect for dipping by the way. All meals include desert. If you are in the mood for some domestic beverages they only charge $1.00 for beer and house wine. For the price you cant beat the portion. You will leave full. If you are familiar with the "Westchester Inn" in Westchester IL, they are affiliated with them. You wont be disappointed!!!!!

1  Thank Eric S

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Hidden away in a small strip Mall location near Joliet, Illinois. The food is spectacular! The service couldn't be better. I think this is the best kept secret in suburban Chicago. The portions are huge and the price is right! Every entre I've had has been DELICIOUS! Never left hungry and never had room for dessert! Senior discounts available on certain days. Good bier! Never seems to be crowded...which for the life of me I can't understand. This place should be doing a booming business. I suspect because it's slightly rural and hidden.

4  Thank DaBaronVH
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Not a lot to say. It was all just very average. We've had German, Polish food before & much better. We realized after we left that we were never served our dumplings which was a side selection. The waitress however was very friendly. I can't say we'll return though.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Totally unexpected! Wide menu of Eastern European food. I had wonderful smoke butt, another had stuffed cabbage, and another had roast pork.
All were excellent!
Went for lunch and it was not crowded. Have heard dinner is another story.
Parking is free.
We are going back!

3  Thank Jack H
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Came in with the family around 5:30 on a Saturday... Everything had a very authentic taste. My son ordered the Roast Turkey/Dressing which was delicious. My wife ordered the Prague Cutlet... which was a huge breaded chicken cutlet stuffed with cheese and some type of ham. That was quite delicious. My Thuringer was cooked just right and had a very fresh/smokey flavor. Sides were great, soups were traditional and on point. Kolacky desserts were the big pastry type of kolacky, this is maybe a more of a Czech style. Apricot and cheese filling were both delicious. We loved the value, and would go back because our whole family of five ate for under $75 which included the soup, entrees, coffee, drinks for each of us and dessert. Also, the service was top-notch. Our server was attentive and very friendly with my little ones. Looking forward to our next visit!

1  Thank Guacman