Spring House Inn
US$55
Priceline
US$84
US$78
Best Western Indian Oak(Chesterton)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$129
US$123
US$110
GardenInn.com
All reviewshuge fireplacequaint hotelindiana dunesjuice and coffeebright spotquiet areaoff the highwaychicagomicrowaverates
Reviewed 8 May 2005

Being from the Area, I live maybe 3 minutes away, and have my whole life. I've heard great things about this hotel, and wanted to give it a try when my significant other and I wanted to get away. I booked online with ease, and the hotel staff was very accomodating to our needs. It was a suprise gettaway for my significant other and he was pleased. Its nestled in the woods and just dynamic views of the trees and wildlife.. The pool is perfect, though we did have a slight problem with the whirlpool, that got worked out. The dry sauna was wonderful, and the hotel was extremely clean. The common areas AND the guest room were very very clean. The guestroom was equipped with a ceiling fan attached to the Cathedral Ceiling (on the 3rd floor). There isn't an elevator, but the stair climb isn't that bad. There is a main room for seating, and they also have seating rooms at the end of your hallway. There is also a hallway which contains boardgames (which we used a few times). The breakfast is your basic continental breakfast, including a free Waffle maker, which made us happy!

Overall, it was such a wonderful gettaway, its something you'd have to experience on your own. And the restuarants aren't that far away either. :) Come to NW Indiana, and stay at Spring House Inn, you won't regret it :)

• Stayed: May 2005
5  Thank kaffy2771
Chesterton, IN
Reviewed 7 May 2005

While literally only a minute or two from the interstate and U.S. Highways, this hotel is nestled in a quite wooded area of town. My girlfriend and I spent a couple of nights here and loved it. The atmosphere is quiet and laid-back. The pool, whirlpool and sauna were all nice and open late as well. We also enjoyed the board games and game tables in the lobby balcony. The third floor rooms have large cathedral ceilings equiped with a ceiling fan. The room was very spacious and also included a refridgerator and a microwave. The rooms to the back of the hotel are best as they have balconys overlooking the wooded area behind the hotel. The Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore and State Park are just around the corner and are a great place to go during the day. The Spring House Inn is a wonderful place to spend a few nights to relax. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Porter,IN
Reviewed 14 November 2004

A poor pool, a poor gym and a poor laundry ( just one washer and one dryer for the whole hotel ). I had never seen a coffee machine into the bathroom. The TV cable has just bad channels. The same breakfast everyday. It's ok for a weekend but no for a long stay.

A.J. Parilli

Reviewed 21 July 2004

After a long overnight trip on Amtrak I was looking for a place not too far from Chicago where I could stay on the way to Michigan. The Springhouse Inn turned out to be the perfect place for us. Nestled in a wooded setting right by the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, this inn features large guest rooms with balconies overlooking the woods, a small pool and spa, and an excellent continental breakfast. My only regret was having to leave early the next morning--I could easily have spent three or four days at this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: January 2005
7  Thank steamsailor
Gilbert, IA
Reviewed 15 July 2004

We took our kids from small-town Iowa to see Chicago for a long weekend. After the fast paced hustle and bustle of the big city, we decided to go to the Dunes and visit my cousins near Gary. I stumbled across the Springhouse on the internet while searching for hotels and it looked too good to be true. I checked with my cousin who said it is "lovely," and was she ever right! We enjoyed it immensely and will stay again if we are up that direction. It reminded me of being at an inn in Vermont. We also drove to Michigan City and enjoyed the outlet mall, and then enjoyed going back to our little haven. I used the sitting rooms several times to read and relax. It was very clean, the view was pretty, the breakfast was good. One recommendation......there are no elevators, so keep that in mind when you book your room, especially if you have lots of STUFF! And the price is right too...

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member