My Sweetie and I flew from Miami to here for a four day weekend, this past weekend. Via email, Suni arrainged transportation to and from airport. We were picked up and traveled in a very nice van with good ole' music to listen to while traveling through the beautiful country side. Upon our arrival, the hotel grounds and ocean were just breath-taking. The staff here are truly the best. The food is awesome and the drinks are even awesomer! We stayed in room 5, which had a perfect view of the pool, bar and ocean. Even more gorgeous at night. You can arrange surf lessons, lay by the pool all day and eat and drink, or take the 10 minute walk into town by the beach. Keep in mind, you should wear shoes that can stand getting wet, because you WILL cross a small river to get into the town of El Tunco, where there are lots of places to eat, drink and buy trinkets. I ordered an 1 1/2 massage for $60. This tiny woman named Blanca performed an incredible and powerful massage. Blanca is a beast! This place, despite the constant roar of the ocean, is peaceful and perfect. I travel to Thialand and Cambodia in March, but am planning to squeeze another visit to Casa de Mar before then. Blanca, here I come...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded among the rocks overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Casa de Mar provides the ultimate getaway for those seeking a first class escape for a surfing trip, anniversary or family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Casa de Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Mar Hotel El Sunzal
- Casa De Mar El Sunzal
- Casa De Mar El Salvador/El Sunzal