“Ms.”
other travellers have booked this property
Queen bedroom Queen bedroom view 2
King bedroom view 2
Den looking into wetbar
Den alternate view
bath view 2
View from front of property looking to streetcar line
front view
front view 2
bath view
bath view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Neil S
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 27 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

The property is clean and presentable and the beds are very comfortable. Much thought has gone into aesthetics. However it has serious drawbacks which is a pity.

It is described as an apartment/condo but has no stove and no table or chairs to sit and eat. No pots or pans to boil an egg. Silverware and crockery are provided, sharp knives and a potato peeler. There is no tea towel, draining board or drying rack. A microwave and toaster oven are provided. The lighting is too poor to read the toaster oven buttons. The shower is nice but there is nowhere to hang bath towels.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
29 Mar 2018
Thank you, Neil for your review. I’m glad you found the property clean and presentable, the beds comfortable and honored by your comments on the aesthetics. On the other hand, I’m sorry you were under the impression that the unit had a full kitchen and dining area. Please know it has never been my intent to mislead guests into thinking the unit has any more (or less) amenities listed. To the contrary, I worked hard to attach to my listing what I believe are accurate photos of the entire unit from multiple angles. I do want to take this opportunity to reiterate what the unit has and does not have. For the record, the unit is the entire ground floor of a 90 year old Arts and Crafts home in New Orleans. Like many if not most similar units in the neighborhood, it was used as a full two bedroom apartment from at least the 1940s. After purchasing the property, I put tremendous resources into a top to bottom renovation of the unit so that rather than being an independent apartment, my friends and family and I could use the unit as an extension of my own home, with two nice size bedrooms, a large den area with comfortable seating and 65 inch 4K television , a large marble wet bar with lots of cabinets, full sink, under counter refrigerator, and undercounter ice make where there once was a full kitchen. And so while the unit still has some of the functions and features of a separate apartment (with its privacy, independence entrance, independent central air, etc.) that I’ve been honored to find make for a great guest experience through over 90 unanimous five star reviews on a competitor platform, it does *not* have a full kitchen. In addition to the aforementioned amenities, there is a microwave and large “convention” (glorified toaster oven) in upper wall cabinets, an electric tea kettle, Keurig coffee machine and pods, lighted wall shelving, with plenty of top quality glassware, (mugs, highballs, wine glasses, tumblrs, etc) and lots of dinner and salad plates and dishes. Within the other cabinets are , all of which are of a quality I would be proud to serve my personal guests
faedy
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Ms.”
Reviewed 4 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This house is just gorgeous. It felt like we were staying in a luxury hotel suite. The kitchen is well stocked with coffee making supplies, and the linens and towels were great. The kitchen is not set up for serious cooking...but who wants to cool in NOLA, anyway. The beds are very comfy. Spenser is very sweet and he goes out of his way to insure your comfort. The attention to detail is outstanding, and it was sparkling clean. The neighborhood is safe and lovely. We would recommend this to any of our friends.

Kathleen...
“Large living in a small package”
Reviewed 4 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This property is geographically convenient to everything, being a block away from street car and bus stops that get you everywhere. Safe walking in all directions to restaurants and other happenings. The unit is extremely modern, the shower is a dream! Spenser is the most incredibly helpful host imaginable! He has become a friend to my daughter who is now living in New Orleans. Tip about attractions are in the unit. This will be our choice of where to stay when we go visit our daughter in the future.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
THickz
Nashville, Tennessee
“Clean, Comfortable, Classy and Close to everything”
Reviewed 7 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

On our girls trip for the Essence Fest we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here at this lovely home away from Nashville. Spencer was so available, kind, helpful, and accommodating during our visit. The rooms were spacious just as described. Our XL Uber rides were less than 10 dollars to downtown, the French Quaters or to local restaurants. Street parking is available if you drive and catching the trolley isn't too far. We would absolutely stay here again on our next visit to New Orleans! Already planning for next year.. My new home away from home..

ChericeJ2
Oakland, California
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed 30 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I needed a place to stay in New Orleans for business and this place was amazing! The neighbors were sweet and even though it looks like you were out of the way, you were right in the heart of everything! And Spenser was an amazing Host. I can't wait to reserve this place again!

luke j
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great find in city!”
Reviewed 20 January 2017 for a stay in November 2016

Spencer was a doll! My girlfriends and I visited New Orleans for the first time for our 50th birthdays. Spencer's restaurant recommendations were spot on and his place was extremely stylish yet comfortable and great walkable location near city park and trolley. We recommend without hesitation!

MaggieT20...
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Wonderful host, comfortable, beautiful apartment, great location - who could ask for anything more!”
Reviewed 2 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

A special trip to New Orleans was made even more special by our accommodations. Spencer's apartment was beautiful, clean, comfortable and offered everything we needed. It was a very welcome retreat after touring the city all day - the bed and bedding were incredible! Spencer was a gracious host and all his recommendations were spot-on. We've already recommended his place to some of our friends. We will definitely stay there again. I can't wait!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing