“Very good, but I wanted a little more about architecture” 4 of 5 bubbles

Le Monde Creole Tour
Ranked #43 of 213 Tours in New Orleans
Mobile, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very good, but I wanted a little more about architecture”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was a really interesting tour centered around the history of one family. My group really enjoyed it and our tour guide Gwen. We got to see some private courtyards and that was cool. I would like to go in every one of them in NOLA. The only thing I didn't get on this tour was as much history about some of the houses and buildings around town, but I can do that on another tour. This one was just as advertised, and for our group it was alot of fun.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kpbirdk9

chicago
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Know What You Want”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The tour was a good one, but we must say that the guide as SO focused on the history of Laura Locoul that many of the things we wanted to know about New Orleans were left out or brushed aside when we asked. It seemed anything "off script" wasn't going to be addressed.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank traveler98761
Houston, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I took Le Monde Creole Tour this morning and had a great time. Rosemary was very informative, professional, and charming. Her knowledge of and passion for her native city shows through as she weaves the story of Laura Locoul's family with New Orleans' history. Loved the ability to go into the private courtyards; got to see parts of the houses you miss from the street and its was much quieter to hear the guide.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank cal4361
Neptune Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Tour of the French Quarter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

My friends and I took Le Monde Creole Tour last week and discovered so many interesting and intriguing historical facts about New Orlean's French Quarter. Ina (pronounced "Ena"!) was an awesome guide! The way she wound the life of Laura Locoul and her family tree into the history of the city was like watching pieces of a puzzle being subtly fit together. My husband (a history buff) was very impressed as well. The coolest part was when the tour ended at our hotel on Toulouse. We had no idea the portrait we admired each time we entered the foyer was that of Laura herself, who bought and lived in the home! This tour was a highlight of our trip to NOLA!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Diane M
Andover, Massachusetts
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Historical walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed an almost three hours walking tour based on Laura Locoul's family history and the whole creole culture. We learned a lot about Louisiana and New Orleans' history, saw some private courtyards, went into the Pharmacy and more. I highly recommend it.

1 Thank Smilemilie