“Louisiana history brought alive.”

Le Monde Creole Tour
Ranked #46 of 232 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer walking tours of the French Quarter, Tréme and Garden District of New Orleans in English and in French.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Tip:
See the Laura Plantation first to capture Laura's entire story.
Wear comfortable walking shoes.

Ina, our guide, did an excellent job of bringing the Louisiana story alive. Starting with Louisiana history in the courtyard of a small cafe, we went on to visit the New Orleans collection courtyard, the Pharmacy Museum, the St. Louis Cemetery and then Elizabeth's city residence, now a hotel.

This is a long tour; ours lasted about 3 hours, but it was worth every minute. For some individuals this tour may be too long and may go into too much detail. For us, it was just right.

The residence, now a hotel, was not actually included in the tour but our enthusiastic guide added as a "lagniappe", a gift. We highly recommend it. After the tour head for the Acme Oyster House or Felix's for a cold beer and fried oysters.

5 stars.

1  Thank exaramco

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Bill was fantastic. Have lived in New Orleans for 20 years and this tour gave me new information and dispelled some old myths. Scheduled this tour for my parents visiting from Washington State, and they were very impressed and enjoyed every aspect of the tour. The tour does include a lot of family history of the Laura Plantation and their "city" life, but in telling their story, Bill taught us so much about New Orleans and the Creole history. Worth spending the extra money for the VIP tour, and we'll book again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have been to NOLA on business, but my wife has not and we only had three days so we wanted to make sure we did things right. I read the reviews on TA and had a friend tell me his experience as well. I booked the tour at the last moment (about two hours prior) and let me tell you - game changer!

Bill was our guide and you would think we were royalty. He provided us and another couple to one of the most historical, educational experiences I have had in years. These guys know not only the city history, best places to see, the story's that bring the town alive - they are from New Orleans and speak from experience (good and bad) and make you feel welcome.

Be ready to walk, learn, absorb the culture and be entertained!

I highly recommend you don't waste time with some of the other tour providers (trust me, you'll see them on your tour, and know you are with the first class team), or the large bus/vans. Make it personal and make it real.

Thank you Bill.

Dennis and Tami from Seattle

3  Thank Denbo22
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have been coming to NOLA for several years and have done lots of tours. We still learned more today about NOLA, history, and culture from Rosemary who was our very knowledgable and personable guide. The courtyards we saw were beautiful and the history both interesting and thought provoking. This makes a nice extension of the history of the Locoul family for anyone who has been to visit Laura plantation in Vacherie.

1  Thank MalvernGuy
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was a really interesting tour centered around the history of one family. My group really enjoyed it and our tour guide Gwen. We got to see some private courtyards and that was cool. I would like to go in every one of them in NOLA. The only thing I didn't get on this tour was as much history about some of the houses and buildings around town, but I can do that on another tour. This one was just as advertised, and for our group it was alot of fun.

1  Thank Kpbirdk9