“It's what you make of it”
Review of French Quarter

French Quarter
Book In Advance
More Info
US$28.99*
and up
French Quarter History Tour with Cafe Du Monde in...
Ranked #5 of 383 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: The heart and cultural center of New Orleans is the French Quarter, a must-see for its high energy, rich history, diverse architecture, music, street performers, renowned jazz clubs, lively nightlife and the finest art galleries and restaurants in the city.
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was my first visit to New Orleans (NOLA) and it happened to be on a Sunday afternoon of a Sunday night football game between the Saints and the Cowboys. With everyone "tailgating" on Bourbon Street it was quite a sight. It was very entertaining to walk around , shop and enjoy some good food. There is something for almost everyone here. Want to get some great food-they got it. Want to enjoy some imaginative street acts - they got it. Want to see some interesting art- They got it. Want to hear some amazing music - They got it.
Just beware on special days, and that can include quite a few, that this may not be the place to bring the kids. Also, If someone ask about "where you got dem shoes" , it is best not to answer. Before you go , Google "Where'd you get them shoes" to understand.

Write a ReviewReviews (18,242)
All reviews
in 221 reviews
"quarter"
in 1,984 reviews

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The old buildings and roads are amazing to see. They are picture perfect. Now that I've been it is very neat to see it in new television etc. such as American horror story coven - which we ran into actors while we we're visitng. Very cool!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Being my first time in New Orleans, I thought it was a little quaint, but really dirty. I don't really understand what the attraction to it is, but then again I'm not 30-something (50's), and I didn't go during Mardi Gras. But Bourbon St also wasn't all that as far as I'm concerned, it was just a loud boisterous street. I did get taken for $3.00, from a local with the question "I bet I can guess where you got your sneakers." Answer: on my feet!!! Don't fall for it. Also the restaurants for the most part, seemed very questionable and we only ate at Pat O'Brien's because it was recommended by several friends. Again, no big deal, food was OK, but not exceptional. I guess since I'm been to Broadway and Las Vegas, I've seen quality spectacle. For me New Orleans, isn't. But I'm glad I went, I just don't need to go back ever.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was here for Halloween and I still can't believe all the crazy stuff I saw! It was one heck of a party from the moment we got there until the moment we left. People were everywhere in all kinds of costumes (drinking all kinds of booze).

We saw some great rock bands from all eras and took some time to enjoy some fantastic NOLA jazz.

I was only there for two nights, but I could have spent a week!