“Wonderful!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 398 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
New York
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

John was an amazing host! He made 2 New Orleans "first timers" feel very welcome and made certain that we were well informed .Wonderful breakfasts, served with lively conversation from our host, started our day off perfectly. This B&B is comfortable, convenient and attractive, located on the quiet, residential end of Bourbon Street with lovely private homes and friendly neighbors.We'll definitely stay here again!!

27 Mar 2013
It's always nice to get great reviews from guests and we appreciate you taking your time to write. While we're not always perfect, we do strive to make sure guests are comfortable and are having a good time while in the city. Please do come back and see us!
DickPBall...
Ball, Louisiana
“Can't wait to go Back !”
Reviewed 5 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013
people found this review helpful

If you truely want the best of everything in or near the French Quarter, this is by far the best place to stay. We had a reunion with 3 other couples from High School, therefore , we had the whole B & B to ourselves. Had a blast. John , the Owner, Host and Chef, cold not have been more cordial and helpful ! We had some ideas and suggestions of places to see and do, but John gave us even more, and better insight on the best of everything. We were lucky enough to get the "Owner's Suite", but all of our friends enjoyed their rooms equally as well, they all chose their rooms before we even got their, and were very happy with their choices. Beautifully decorated rooms, we used the suite lounge are as our gathering place, as well as the kitchen /dining area, which was very comfortable. All 8 of had a place to sit during our wonderful and delicious breakfasts each morning. Only 1 1/2 blocks to the Quarter, and the other way to Frenchman St. , where there is more to do than you'll have time for. Once we parked our cars right in front of the B & B, we never used them again till we left ! John made us feel just like we lived there, and we had a ball. We will never consider using any other place to stay when we visit the French Quarter. Thank you John !

Travelling group: Friends
27 Mar 2013
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. The guest in question was part of a group that rented the entire B&B and they were a hoot. It was a fun time for all, including me!
kiltedcat
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Absolute gem in the Marigny”
Reviewed 25 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

We have been to New Orleans five or six times, but this was our first time trying the Maison Marigny. What a find! Our stay here was absolutely a delight from beginning to end. We received a warm welcome from John Ramsay, one of the two owners who made us feel like family. The place is beautifully decorated, warm and inviting. Each morning we went down to a fabulous breakfast prepared by John himself, at which point we would chat about our plans for the day, getting tips on things we might not already know. Our bedroom (one of only four rooms in the Maison) was comfortable and cozy, with a full bathroom and fluffy towels. What more could you want? Oh, it’s also about a two minute walk away from Frenchman Street, with tons of music clubs, restaurants, etc. A perfect location at the end of the night! We would recommend Maison Marigny highly to anyone, if you can book a room – it fills up fast.

1 Mar 2013
Thank you very much for such a lovely review. Thrilled you had a good time at the B&B and liked our rooms, breakfast offerings and overall service. We try very hard to be around when needed and not when guests want and need privacy, particularly in the afternoons when a nice little nap is just what the doctor ordered. (One needs a nap before hitting Frenchmen Street, I think...the music can go until way past my normal bedtime!) Please get out of that Boston cold next winter and come back to visit...if not before then!
TeeJay091...
Boston, Massachusetts
“An Enchanting Experience- Seriously, Stay Here”
Reviewed 22 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

There's just no reason for you to stay anywhere else if you are visiting New Orleans, no matter what you want to do while you are here. Others have mentioned its incredibly convenient location, but I can't say enough that I felt we were ideally situated, tucked in on the quiet end of Bourbon Street between the revelry of the other end of Bourbon and the jazz clubs of Frenchman. Nothing is very far away in this area, but still.

If you haven't been to New Orleans (and I had not), you may note there are a large amount of hotels over near Canal Street. My friends have stayed over there and suggested it, but I am so glad I didn't. You can go to any US city and find hotel chains all built up on a strip, and have a "canned" hotel experience. It might be good, but never great. If you want your hotel/B+B to be a special and magical part of your trip to New Orleans, OR you just want to relax a tiny bit outside the chaos of a dense commercial area, please stay at La Maison Marigny.

Our room was beautiful, gorgeous tall windows, and an incredible bed. Sometimes on vacation after a few days, I get a little homesick for my bed and surroundings, but I felt so at home here that I just didn't care to leave.

John was the best. Every morning, there was some new and wonderful dish to try, and you just have to give into the surprise. I mean, chocolate french toast, biscuits, blueberry pancakes- seriously, you are never going to be unhappy. It brought me down from my room cheerily every morning like a kid at Christmas. Aside from breakfast, John was just all around helpful and friendly. I've been to other B+B's and never felt the level of attentiveness that we got here, and we didn't feel crowded either. John waited with us when our cab to the airport was late and after they picked us up I turned to my boyfriend and said "I think I am going to miss John," and he said "me, too."

I honestly feel like we were so lucky to find this place. I'm sure you will feel the same.

1 Mar 2013
Wow, you should be in PR! That review is making me blush! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay both in New Orleans and at La Maison Marigny. And I have to concur...our locations is probably one of the very best in town for those who want to experience New Orleans without being in a sterile, loud, expensive downtown hotel. We appreciate your comments and feedback and look forward to your next visit "down South."
MKS1982
New York City, New York
“Amazing, friendly, wonderful stay”
Reviewed 2 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

Can't say enough good things about our stay here - John runs a tight ship, and it's one of the best run B&Bs I've ever seen - the fact that it's beautiful and in a prime (but not noisy!) location felt like a bonus! It also wins the award for best breakfast I've ever had at a B&B. Really highly recommended!

1 Mar 2013
I had to laugh at the "tight ship" comment since my friends think I'm too easy-going...but I thank you nonetheless! It was a pleasure meeting you both and chatting about my two favorite cities, NYC and NOLA! Please do come back soon.
Randy J
Morgan, Utah
“Our new place to stay in New Orleans French Quarter!”
Reviewed 30 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

This property has the best of all worlds! It's location is close enough to the fun on Royal and Bourbon Streets in the French Quarter venues, but far enough away to have a peaceful night in a very relaxing home away from home. It is just blocks away from the emerging "new jazz music scene" of Frenchmans Street, where at night you can be lulled to sleep by just the slightest sounds of some of the best jazz music around.

But the real treat is the owner of La Maison, John. He is a natural at being a host, and cooks breakfast tastiest enough to want seconds or thirds, and hardy enough to get you through you days adventures before having to stop off at one of the wonderful restaurants just a few blocks away. And he has the most wonderful sense of humor and stories; making it difficult to leave the property as you want to hear more! And, his advice on where to go, how to get there, and what adventures fit your personal needs ensured that our first visit to his property won't be our last.

The room rates are absolutely more than reasonable. I checked literally dozens of properties from hotels to fellow B&Bs, and for the value, La Maison stands out as your best bet.

We are already planning a return trip back there in April for the Jazz festival!

1 Mar 2013
We definitely appreciate your review of La Maison Marigny and are humbled by it. It's nice to be recognized, obviously, but in turn we are thrilled that guests love our proximity to Frenchmen Street's great jazz clubs, our food offerings and our value-focused rates. Thanks again for staying with us!
FrenchieU...
New York, NY
“One of the reasons I will come back to NOLA!”
Reviewed 27 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

I had hoped all the reviews I read would ring true..and they absolutely did. This home is charming, welcoming and the location at the end of Bourbon St near Frenchmen St makes it perfect for walking to the French Quarter and other great spots in this awesome city. We stayed in the middle room upstairs and it was nicely and subtlety decorated. The bathroom had also just been redone. John was a fantastic host who cooked excellent breakfasts every morning. This what a great stay and I can't wait to come back to this city and this B&B!

31 Jan 2013
Thank you for sharing your B&B experience with others. New Orleans is a great city and we work hard to make sure we're a great little B&B to go along with it! I'm gratified that you enjoyed the remodeled bathroom as it's always a challenge to make something wonderful out of small spaces. HGTV, here we come! Thanks again and hope to count you as one of our many repeat guests soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing