“My first visit to New Orleans”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 399 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
Inspire31...
Pittsburgh, PA
“My first visit to New Orleans”
Reviewed 2 July 2004
person found this review helpful

My first visit to New Orleans was made even more delightful by my stay at La Maison Marigny. The host was great. John gave us great tips on where to visit and to eat, made us fabulous breakfasts, made great conversation and above all made us feel welcome. The house was in a great spot--close to the fun on Boubon but far enough away so that we had peace and quiet. The decor of the house is beautiful. In my mind this bed and breakfast is 5 stars.

FarAway25...
Pittsburgh, PA
“La Maison Marigny Best B&B on Bourbon”
Reviewed 2 July 2004

From the moment John met me at the door, my stay at La Maison was top notch. The accommodations are truly spectacular with beatuiful rooms and a lovely courtyard. I found comfort resting in my wondefully decorated room or downstairs in the living room. John and Dewey made me feel like I was staying at a best friends house and I was truly sad to leave.

John somehow even read our minds by making double chocolate chips muffins that were out of this world.

Without question, my next trip to New Orleans will be spent at La Maison.

Storytell...
Cape May, NJ
“Lovely Inn & Charming Host”
Reviewed 16 June 2004
person found this review helpful

We stayed at the La Maison Marigny B&B at the end of January, 2004. The inn was tastefully decorated, clean, and very comfortable. The innkeeper, John, was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back and will tell others!

Flyer1071...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Quiet neighborhood close to the action”
Reviewed 15 June 2004
person found this review helpful

We enjoyed the accomodations and felt well taken care of. We were close to everything we wanted to do and see without the need for a car. We were very impressed with the help we got in planning many of our activities and the knowledge of New Orleans both dispensed at breakfast or in the many books and guides in the house. Net-net we had a great visit and will come again.

Inspire55...
San Francisco, CA
“Five Star Experience w/one of New Orleans' Secret, Hidden Gems”
Reviewed 9 June 2004
people found this review helpful

The best of both worlds: a mix of old world beauty, charm, and grace coupled with the detailed forethought of modern conveniences: La Maisoon Marigny Bed and Breakfast has it all. John and Dewey's exquisite attention to detail made our five-day, four-night experience at La Maison unforgettable. Complementary amenities include light daily breakfasts, a fully stocked refrigerator with refreshing drinks and icy-cold treats for weary travellers, soothing music from a wonderful CD collection, DvD player (with a mini-library of the latest DvD movie selections), wonderfully descriptive New Orleans travel guides in each room, daily house-cleaning, cable-television, and complementary wireless internet access in certain rooms. John and Dewey's gracious southern hospitality and extensive knowledge of local fare and restaurants made our foodie experiences one of the best treats to look forward to each day!! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us!! We will definitely recommend your establishment to all of our friends and look forward to a return visit soon! - The Woos

KimM1006
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“Elegant yet Comfortable”
Reviewed 8 June 2004
person found this review helpful

My husband and I enjoyed our accommodations tremendously. We had the balcony suite which was decorated beautifully with period pieces and comfort in abundance. We felt totally at home at the Marigny due to our gracious host John and the beautiful house where we had free reign. John was serving wonderful baked breakfasts every morning along with fresh fruit salad. He is a very informative and accomplished host, his restaurant suggestions were superb! We were enthralled with New Orleans, we loved the location of the Marigny, which was on the fringe of the French Quarter (two minute walk) from all the spectacular stores, bars, French Market, Jackson Square, etc., which eliminated our need for a car. I would go back in a heartbeat and the Marigny would definately be my choice for lodgings! Thank you John & Dewey!!!

Expeditio...
Springfield, MA
“Charming B&B”
Reviewed 8 June 2004 for a stay in May 2004
person found this review helpful

I had a fabulous 4-night stay at this lovely B&B in a quiet neighborhood at the far end of Bourbon St. John provided the perfect map for walking and made a number of casual and fine dining recommendations that were right on the money. (Thanks, John...I am now craving an unobtainable muffaletta sandwich from Central Grocery...hmmm..unless they'll ship to Massachusetts.) The rooms are as charming as the host. I stayed in the Owner's Suite which includes a bedroom and a front parlor. You can't go wrong staying here!!

Value Rooms
Cleanliness Service
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing