“Great B&B, great location, great hosts.”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 399 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
Venture29...
Rutherford, NJ
“Great B&B, great location, great hosts.”
Reviewed 11 January 2005
person found this review helpful

Staying at La Maison Marigny was a wonderful experience. The location was ideal: right at the edge of the French Quarter, nestled in a quiet residential area within walking distance of everything...beautiful rooms...very pleasant hosts. Highly recommended!

Compass35...
Westwood, NJ
“Perfect Location, Great Room”
Reviewed 10 January 2005
person found this review helpful

Just spent a long weekend here, and it was perfect. We could walk everywhere we wanted to, yet get away from the crowds at night.

And then wake up to a great breakfast in the kitchen with the owner. He was a tremendous resource for us on where to go.

The room was very nice - simply decorated, comfortable, and clean.

I'm recommending it to all of our friends.

aubrey19
Louisville, KY
“We loved the La Maison Marigny Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed 9 January 2005
people found this review helpful

I am happy to say my husband and I had a wonderful time at the LaMaison Marigny during the Christmas holiday. We ate and drank our way with friends through a snowy holiday.

The rooms are very comfortable. We had the balcony room. In warmer weather, we could tell it would be a treat to sit out and watch the horse drawn carriages go by. With the snow we could only hear them go by, snuggled under our warm covers.

John is a great host. Helped us choose some local restuarants. Had wonderful food within walking distrance of the B&B. There were four of us and we always felt safe walking to the places we wanted to see.

It was nice of him to have a computer set up for guests to use to check restaurant menus. It was also great to print our boarding passes for the airport.

I can't say enough nice things about this B&B. Hope to return soon.

Odyssey11...
Birmingham, AL
“Made Sugar Even Sweeter!”
Reviewed 8 January 2005
people found this review helpful

First, our beloved Auburn team won the Sugar Bowl! Go Tigers!

The weekend was even better because we chose La Maison Marigny B&B. It was better than expected!

Upsides: great room with a great bed (not too soft at all!), nice renovated bathroom, TV/DVD flat screen unit, lots of in-room reading materials. Cute "do not disturb" signs which my girlfriend loved. Continental breakfast and superb coffee to start the day.

Downsides: filming a Jude Law movie in front of the house. Not too noisy but a lot of activity! Having to get up for breakfast when you've had too much to drink the night before!!

Thanks John. We'll be back!!

Sean and Kelly

ltowngirl
NYC
“A nice stay”
Reviewed 4 January 2005 for a stay in November 2004
people found this review helpful

I stayed at the Maison Marigny after consulting this website. I agree that the rooms are decorated gorgeously and John is an agreeable host. However after reading all the compliments on this site, perhaps my expectations were too high. I though LaMaison Marigny was nice but I would not rate it amongst the best places I've stayed at.

My room was a good size and had good light. The DVD library sounded appealing, but who really has the time to stay indoors and watch movies when visiting the Big Easy? The bed in my room was too soft and I found the bathroom, especially the tub and tiny sink uncomfortable. Having heard so much about the breakfast I was dissapointed to find grocery-store mix muffins and limp fruits. Any hotel provides a more substantial breakfast, even when you've paid less for your room. I had to go to a cafe and have a more filling breakfast.

I've been to NOLA on a few different occassions and sampled various hotels around town. I can think of a few places I'd rather stay. Especially seeing the price I paid to stay at Marigny, I could have gotten better deals elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my stay at Marigny, but I would not choose to stay there again. Just thought I'd balance the reviews on this site.

Value Rooms
Cleanliness Service
Lives2Eat
San Francisco, CA
“Spoiled Me for Any Other B&B”
Reviewed 29 December 2004 for a stay in December 2004
people found this review helpful

I spent a long weekend in NOLA early in December and stayed at a B&B for my first time (anywhere). John & La Maison Marigny have spoiled me forever. I had the small double room, which was perfect for one person, and as previous posters have said, it was like staying with a (rich) relative. The furnishings are lovely and it really felt like home. There was a California flag flying when I arrived...my driver even mentioned it...but mid-way through my stay, I noticed it had been changed to a Texas flag, since most of the Californians except me had moved on and were replaced by some folks from the Lone Star state.

John is a very gracious host, and the muffins are yummy. On my last day, I took one for the plane since I was having brunch and didn't want to miss out. The sunroom with a computer for the guests' use and courtyard were also great.

Another nice thing was that since there was no one checking into my room the day I left, I was able to leave my things in the room so I could come back and pack up the last items (muffelata, etc.) right before I left for the airport at 5pm instead of having to be out in the morning. This would never happen at a hotel!

If you want to stay a little away from the bustle of the French Quarter, but be close enough to get to the action easily, this is the place to be.

Value Rooms
Cleanliness Service
Companion...
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 11 December 2004
people found this review helpful

I am happy to leave a positive review for La Maison Marigny. We did much research over the summer before planning our early December trip to America and were not disappointed. The hosts were very nice and helpful, providing advise throughout our visit. Even sent us to some "locals" spots, which we appreciate. The UK flag was flying when we arrived and much to our delight John replaced it with a Scotland flag midway through our stay! Yes, he bought a Scottish cross just for us!

Breakfast is served "continental" -- muffins, juices, coffee, fruit, etc. It was just as advertised on the website. On the day we wanted a larger breakfast (for our hangovers!) we were directed to Clover Grill, a fun "50s diner" down Bourbon.

John loves to travel. I work for easyJet, a UK airline. We spent most of the time chatting about aviation and travel. It was just so comfortable. Much like being at a friend's house. I noticed this same rapport with other guests, who were all from America.

I will visit New Orleans again one day and will definitely stay at this inn.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing