“This was a GREAT find.”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 397 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
jnjm
NY
“This was a GREAT find.”
Reviewed 27 April 2006 for a stay in April 2006
person found this review helpful

We have just returned from our stay at the La Maison Marigny and think the place was wonderful. We have always been "hotel" people and this was our first B&B experience and it couldnt have been better. We felt as though we were staying at the home of friends. The breakfasts were great and John was happy to answer all our (many) questions. Location was a definite plus.....we walked all over, every day. Depending on where you want to go in the FQ it was no more than a 15 min walk at the most. And we felt comfortable walking at any time. We would highly recommend the La Maison Marigny to any one wanting to visit the NO area.

LondonGeo...
London, UK
“Perfect for French Quarter exploration!”
Reviewed 25 April 2006 for a stay in April 2006
people found this review helpful

Lovely inn on Bourbon Street! Not noisy at all (which was a pre-trip fear) and so convenient to everything, including the riverside, the trolley ("streetcar") line and, of course, the French Quarter. We were overjoyed to see our favorite U.S. city rebounding quickly after the Hurricanes of last season. It is interesting to visit the disaster tour, too, since you can visit the areas hard hit by the floodwaters. Luckily, La Maison Marigny B&B and the French Quarter were not!

At the B&B, we had the middle room. Typical B&B size, smallish bathroom, lovely furnishings and quality linens and HIGH ceilings, which we prefer. A guest computer offers high speed internet (with Wireless if you prefer) and lots of DVDs (over 150+!) are there for guest use during "downtime" when you recover from one day while preparing for the next!

Nice thing about New Orleans now--no long queues to get into bars or restaurants! We highly suggest you visit!!

Geoff and Nancy
London, United Kingdom

Sightseer...
San Francisco
“Go! Now! Stay at La Maison Marigny!”
Reviewed 29 March 2006 for a stay in March 2006
people found this review helpful

Is now the time to visit New Orleans? YES! Is La Maison Marigny the place to stay in New Orleans? YES! My visit in March was a reschedule from November 05, and I was dying to get back to NOLA but seriously concerned if it was time: was the city ready? would we be a drain on its resources? would we be welcomed? John was incredibly helpful with all my questions about the state of the city even before I made our reservation, and once we arrived, he was a dream of a firendly host with just the right balance of availability and invisibility (if you stay at many B&Bs, you know what I mean). The inn is in my favorite neighborhood and the rooms are well-decorated and very clean & comfortable -- there's nothing cheesy or cheapy or shabby about it. Delicious breakfasts always included fruit salad and, thankfully, pots and pots of french roast & chickory coffee. As for the city itself, the tourist areas are largely unaffected and are struggling for business, which means easy reservations at the best restaurants and short waits everywhere (just 20 minutes for a table at Jacques Imo's!). Now is definitely the time to support the city in person, whether it's for a vacation or to do volunteer work. There's no hiding that some places are gone, some are temporarily closed (like Preservation Hall, at this writing) and the city is forever changed in the wake of the waters, but I will return to New Orleans again as soon and as often as I can, and will keep La Maison Marigny as my first-to-call for accommodations every time.

TrailBlaz...
New York City
“Best place to stay Ever!”
Reviewed 20 March 2006 for a stay in March 2006
people found this review helpful

I was simply stunned by the luxury of La Maison Marigny. It's interior decor is so well done and feels so comfortable it broke my heart to leave it behind- and made leaving New Orleans that much harder. John Ramsey is an outstanding host who also makes breakfast muffins so good it almost spoiled my appetite for all the other great food to be had in NO. La Maison Marigny is located at the best location I could have imagined. In The Marigny, on Bourbon Street, across the street from the French Quarter, it is perfectly situated near all the attactions, but off the beaten path enough to provide sanctuary from the commotion as well. The price paid for for it all was beyond reasonable- it was outright inexpensive. If these accommodations were in a hotel I'd expect to be paying $300 a night. I've heard there may be plenty of other nice hotels and B & B's in New Orleans, but I have no interest in any of them. La Maison Marigny is the ONLY place I'll stay if I have the choice!

FrequentF...
Syracuse, NY
“Wish we could have stayed longer”
Reviewed 9 March 2006 for a stay in February 2006
people found this review helpful

We loved the place. John and Dewey have nurtured that wonderful old house into a charming, comfortable B&B that couldn't be more inviting. The furnishings, linens, colors, courtyard, internet, and John's delightful fruit salad made for a very pleasant stay. The neighborhood was just our speed, also. -- we felt at home instantly.

We will be back. :)

barbinari...
tempe, az
“go to NOLA now and stay here!”
Reviewed 18 February 2006 for a stay in January 2006
people found this review helpful

hosts John and Dewey have a gem of a place on Bourbon, just the other side of Esplanade from the French Quarter. Easy walking distance to tourist spots, lovely rooms and yummy breakfasts (beg for the chocolate raspberry muffins). NOLA is ready for visitors, don't let the media fool you!

Flyer2658
San Francisco
“A lovely inn, lovely street with lovely owners”
Reviewed 11 January 2006 for a stay in December 2005
people found this review helpful

We stayed at La Maison around the New Years weekend and loved it. Several guests during our stay were New Orleanians impacted by the hurricanes and it was interesting to talk to them about their experiences. I am also impressed by the way John the B&B owner helped these folks with F.E.M.A. issues, looking for housing, support, etc. In fact, one of the guests found a gorgeous apartment just across the street from La Maison!

B&B rooms are great: comfortable and so elegant. And the neat thing is LOCATION because you walk everywhere. (FYI, New Orleans is very safe now and I noticed the difference from past trips.)

I highly recommend La Maison Marigny!!

Lance (And Sheryl)

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing