“Bourbon, but quiet - need I say More?”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 399 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
EeyoreWI
Madison, WI
“Bourbon, but quiet - need I say More?”
Reviewed 12 January 2010 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

The location of this place really can't be beat. So close to the Quarter, yet not in the midst of the late night drunken melee. It's a safe walk to anywhere we felt like we needed to go and the room is more than comfortable enough for the little time we spent there.

John's a great host with lots of good information about things to do off the beaten track - and some things on the beaten path as well. I'm not generally a B&B type person, but this place gave me the privacy I appreciate with the opportunity to socialize if I chose.

Travelling group: Friends
orczar
Maineville, Ohio
“Wow... great experience!”
Reviewed 1 January 2010 for a stay in December 2009
people found this review helpful

I stayed at La Maison Marigny Dec. 19 - 22, 2009. I was in town to run the Ole Man River Half Marathon, and to hang out with some friends. The location of the B&B couldn't be better. As a female traveling solo, I am concerned about safety, and felt completely safe at the B&B and in the neighborhood, as well. The property is very close to the Quarter, but far enough away that it is a quiet neighborhood. Being in the Faubourg Marigny, it is also close to several fabulous restaurants. It is not necessary to have a car while visiting New Orleans, but I did have one on this trip. I was provided with a resident's parking pass, and had no difficulty finding a legal place to safely park my rental. The B&B has a desktop computer for use by the guests, as well as Wifi.

John, one of the proprietors, was a most gracious host. Very knowledgeable and friendly. (His blueberry-white chocolate muffins weren't half-bad either!) One of my favorite things about staying here was listening to the horse drawn carriages returning to the stables as I drifted off to sleep at night =)

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
lydiam13
Boston,MA
“I felt so comfortable and relaxed..like being in my own home.”
Reviewed 29 December 2009 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

My family and I (8 all together) rented all the rooms at this B and B. The proprietors do not live in the house, so you are really enjoying this lovely house with your family, The owner, John Ramsey, was there every morning to put on delicious coffee and bake muffins or bread. He also serves fresh fruit and cereals. It was wonderful to wake up to the smell of coffee and baking. When John is not there, there are snacks, water, cold drinks, etc in the refrigerator. There is a computer in the den for your use. John gives as much guidance as you want regarding site seeing and restaurants. It couldn't have been better.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
GWMichael
“Location!”
Reviewed 14 December 2009 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

Simply perfect for us. Good location and comfortable accommodations.

Janite
New York
“Great value, terrific hospitality, and perfect location”
Reviewed 16 November 2009 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

I had always stayed in the French Quarter when traveling to New Orleans, but this time stayed in La Maison Marigny, which is just one block from the Quarter on Bourbon Street, but in a great neighborhood, a couple of blocks from Frenchman Street--a treasure trove of music and night life which I hadn't discovered before. John, our host at the La Maison Marigny, made our stay memorable, and was spot on with all his recommendations. I will definitely be going back, and have already recommended this terrific B&B to friends and family.

Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
granpoder
phoenix
“perfection”
Reviewed 3 November 2009 for a stay in October 2009
people found this review helpful

La Maison Marigny is without a doubt the best place to stay when in the Big Easy. It is a beautiful, charming property, and John and Gil redefine the term host. The b&b is close to all the excitement of the french quarter, but located on a quiet street nearby, so you can actually escape the commotion and get some rest. Excellent food was promptly served every morning and your hosts bend over backward to make you feel like an old friend, not a customer. Gil is from NOLA and will regale you with tales of the history and culture if you only ask him. John is always just a cell phone call away if you get lost or need a suggestion for dinner or a watering hole. I cannot imagine every staying anywhere else when in New Orleans.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
NYC-SnP
NYC
“Why stay anywhere else”
Reviewed 21 October 2009 for a stay in October 2009
people found this review helpful

We have stayed in New Orleans countless times and are sorry we just now stumbled upon Maison Marigny. Our experience was wonderful! Our room was large, clean and beautifully decorated with antiques and great finishing touches as was the entire house. It felt more like a home then a room rental. John, our host , gave us helpful tips, some local color and a nice enjoyable breakfast. ( Homemade muffins you could smells coming up the stairs). He was more then helpful with our late arrival and we had plenty of helpful touring information waiting for us in our room. The location was a quick walk to the French Quarter, close but yet far enough to have nice quiet sleeping. The neighborhood itself has good restuarants, bars, live music and wonderful homes. Thumbs up all around! S&P from NYC

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing