“I will stay at this B&B whenever I am in New...”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 397 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
BearVA
Hampton, Virginia
“I will stay at this B&B whenever I am in New Orleans”
Reviewed 15 November 2010 for a stay in November 2010

I have been to New Orleans a few times and love the city. It is so beautiful and so unique. I had never tried a B&B until this most recent trip, however, and fell in love with La Maison. John the owner is a great guy and the house is clean and comfortable. The bedding is top-notch (Michael Kors sheets--yes, I looked) and I love little touches like the Apple iPod docks and umbrellas at the front door in case of rain.

The big thing for me, though, is location near Frenchmen Street. Just two blocks away, you will find the "real" New Orleans jazz and music scene or at least the best alternative to going to sketchy bars in sketchy neighborhoods! Faubourg Marigny is a safe area and I actually prefer it to the Quarter at times.

With only four rooms, LMM does fill quickly. Book early especially during busy months. I only got a room due to a cancellation --thanks stranger, whomever you are.

I return home tonight to Virginia only to plan my next trip to NOLA and La Maison Marigny on Bourbon!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
edemire
North Little Rock, Arkansas
“Absolutely A-Maison-ing”
Reviewed 13 November 2010 for a stay in November 2010
person found this review helpful

My wife and I have ever written a Trip Advisor review, but in the case of John's bed and breakfast we had to make an exception.
Warm and congenial, he was the perfect host for a 4-night New Orleans stay for our first anniversary. We had never done the bed and breakfast thing before, but for this kind of trip, La Maison Marigney was perfect. Clean and perfectly situated on a quiet part of Bourbon Street between the French Quarter and jazzy Frenchmen Street of the Marigney. Best yet, John is a big sports fan and was super in helping us get tickets to the Hornets-Clippers game.

sitasays
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The only way to stay in New Orleans”
Reviewed 22 October 2010 for a stay in September 2010
person found this review helpful

My fiancé and I reserved the Owner's Suite in this charming bed & breakfast. John is the perfect host. The man bakes scones, for pete's sake. We absolutely adored everything about our stay. The location is perfect. It was a short walk to everything we wanted to do.
We will definitely be back when we get hitched in New Orleans in the spring!

Your age range 35-49
kckbxr
Delaware
“N.O. long weekend get away”
Reviewed 14 October 2010 for a stay in October 2010
person found this review helpful

We stayed here for a long weekend get away. John was great.... he helped supply us with a map of the area and great places to eat and just relax to some jazz. We had the owners suite which was quite spacious and perfect for when we needed some "down time" after a long day of sight seeing and walking. The premises were very well kept and clean. The location was great, right at the end of Bourbon street, far enough away to get a restful and quiet nights sleep but close enough to walk to the heart of Bourbon for all the festivities. We have nothing but good things to say about or stay the La Maison.

janimal1
Milford
“Wouldn't stay anywhere else.”
Reviewed 12 October 2010 for a stay in September 2010
person found this review helpful

How many inn keepers would return from vacation to accommodate someone. John and Dewey came back early so we could stay with them. That tells you everything about the B & B and its owners. It is the only place we stay in New Orleans. The breakfast is outstanding and the inn keepers a delight.

janejenny...
Washington, Mo
“I love La Maison Marigny”
Reviewed 28 September 2010 for a stay in September 2010

I stayed at La Maison Marigny when I went to New Orleans with my sister and brother in law. It is the best B & B that I have ever stayed at. John was a wonderful host and his breakfast muffins, scones and turnovers were great. Started off my day in a good way. My room had a wonderful bed and I felt refreshed each morning. La Maison is located conveniently to everything we wanted to see and it was on a quiet part of Bourbon St. I could easily have just taken some good books and curled up in the sunroom or in the lovely courtyard and been very contented. The total atmosphere there is so relaxing. I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to visit the Big Easy and have a relaxing enjoyable stay.

Travelling group: Other
NandBBear...
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Feel at home no matter where you're from”
Reviewed 26 August 2010 for a stay in February 2010

From the moment we arrived at La Maison Marigny we were made to feel welcome. We were on our honeymoon (from New Zealand) and as we drove up the New Zealand flag was flying from one of the house flagpoles! Just one of the many thoughtful touches that made our stay so wonderful.
We arrived the evening before Fat Tuesday and our host John offered us food and drinks (including beer) and told us to head back out to the parade that night. John is a wealth of knowledge on New Orleans and is more than willing to give advice on the best ways to get around. The B&B is within easy walking distance of the beautiful French Quarter and yet is far away enough to be able to sleep undisturbed at night.
Every morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast prepared by John and got the opportunity to plan our day with his help. We also enjoyed meeting and chatting to the other guests. To top it all off the day that we left John gave us a beautiful book on New Orleans as a wedding gift! He is a big part of the reason that our honeymoon in New Orleans was so wonderful.
We would not hesitate to recommend La Maison Marigny to anyone who is travelling to New Orleans and we hope one day to get back there ourselves.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing