“Great Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 397 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
Austin, Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 21 September 2007 for a stay in September 2007
people found this review helpful

My boyfriend and I had a great stay in New orleans and it definately was because of our stay at La Maison Marigny. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast it is perfectly located right next to the french quarter and few minutes walk to frenchmen st which i suggest checking out.

Your age range 25-34
BTillman
Charlotte, NC
“La Maison Marigny is a Wonderful place”
Reviewed 8 August 2007 for a stay in August 2007
people found this review helpful

Our stay at La Maison Marigny was absolutely wonderful. The hosts, John and Dewey showed us some great hospitality and made us feel right at home.
Thanks goes out to both of them...

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: The location is perfect...
Liked least: Weren't able to stay longer
Visit was for: Quality time with family
Dallas_Ga...
Dallas
“Five Star Service!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2007 for a stay in June 2007
people found this review helpful

I just can't say enough about La Maison Marigny B&B. After, I reviewed the comments on this web site (also recommended by Travel & Leisure), I was conviced that this would be the best place for my husband and I to celebrate our third year anniversary. Well, John (our gracious host) did not disappoint us! We had a fabulous time thanks to his wonderful hospitality, beautiful home and "five star" service! The house is gorgeous and comfortable..we stayed in the suite and would highly recommend it. The breakfast that John prepared every morning was simple (muffins, waffles, pastries) but delicious and we enjoyed our morning conversations with him. He had lots of great suggestions on what to see during our stay and where to dine. I would highly recommend La Maison Marigny B&B and my husband and I will most definitely stay there again!

SAGuy48
San Antonio
“The Best!”
Reviewed 26 June 2007 for a stay in June 2007
people found this review helpful

I can't say enough about how wonderful our stay was. John was a great host. The place was spotless. These guys have thought of just about everything from restaurant suggestions to a card with useful phone numbers which is handed to each guest upon arrival.
It's our new favorite place to stay in NOLA! Close enough to walk just about everywhere but far enough away from the rowdy end of Bourbon St. to have peace and quiet if needed.

Liked best: The amenities
Liked least: squeaky bed
John C
Manzanita, Oregon
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 10 June 2007 for a stay in May 2007
people found this review helpful

Our experiance at the La Maison Marigny B&B was typical of the B&B's TA reviews, very satisfactory. On arrival the owner, John Ramsey, shows you through the common areas discussing the B&B's amenities, breakfast times, asking if you have any special needs,etc. John does not live in the B&B which gives a home like touch, he does give you his cell# and can be reached if needed. He is there every morning and prepares a substantial enhanced continental type breakfast including fruits and yougerts & good coffee imo. John is a good source of info about NO and maintains a number of guidebooks for guest use at the B&B. We found the B&B to be well maintained, clean with the linens and towels of very good quality and condition.
The location is between the FQ and the Faubourg Marigny districts on Bourbon. We like to walk and were able to do so from the B&B thoughout the FQ and to the Jazz Clubs and eaterys on Frenchmen Street. The River trolly is only five blocks from the B&B off Esplanade. Definitely a place you can return to.

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Homelike atomsphere, helpfulness of owner.
Liked least: No problems.
Visit was for: Honeymoon
Your age range 50-64
sparkle09...
New York City, New York
“La Maison Marigny is Marvelous!”
Reviewed 1 June 2007 for a stay in June 2007
people found this review helpful

The La Maison Marigny was a marvelous place to stay. It's one of the places you don't want to share but it's just not right to let others miss out.

John your host is always at your sevice, know anything you need to know. We stayed there of the Memorial day weekend, and didn't want to leave. We had reserved a Queen Deluxe room but were upgraded to the Owner's suite, which was made up of a bedroom bathroom and a great little sitting room. It was on the first floor of the house, very private. When all were asleep, you felt as if the the entire floor was yours.

It was super clean and super cute. The bed was comforatable and you if you go when it's hot, you do not have to worry about not being kool. It was well chilled.

It's in a great location if you want to be close to the French Quarter, but away from all of the noise. It is also in it's own very kool little neighborhood, very close to Frenchman street, which has Snug Harbour, DBA, the Spotted Cat and a very cute an inexpensive restaurant called "13".

La Maison Marigny is a must stay!

Liked best: That it seemed like home.
Liked least: There is nothing to complain about
VAReviewe...
Springfield, Virginia
“Loved La Maison Marigny”
Reviewed 20 May 2007 for a stay in April 2007
people found this review helpful

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at La Maison Marigny and look forward to staying there on our next visit to New Orleans. The location was quiet and convenient. The B&B was supremely clean and comfortable, with many thoughtful touches. And John was and easygoing, accommodating, organized, and unobtrusive host.

The location. On a quiet, narrow residential street with no commercial establishments, and practically no through traffic. The only noise we heard from the street, seriously, was the occasional clip-clop of a horse pulling a carriage. And yet we were able to walk anywhere we wanted to go: Cafe Du Monde, the Aquarium, the D-Day Museum, and all over the French Quarter. (We do like to walk, though: the D-Day Museum was 2 miles one way.) Tours by Isabelle (recommended by the B&B) picks up at the door. The neighborhood felt safe; but just in case, the B&B has a lock at the front gate and at the front door, and there's a lock on your room too.

The B&B. No kids, no pets, very clean. I appreciated the feeling of cool, calm, and clean I got when I walked through the front door after a day in the heat and dust of New Orleans. Very comfortable, with common areas in a small kitchen, a small living room, and a small courtyard. The computer with printer and internet access in the living room is great, both for printing your boarding passes, and for checking hours and menus for restaurants.

Breakfast 8:30-10, if I remember correctly; although John started a little early for us one day when we had a 8:15 tour pickup. Breakfast is fresh fruit, muffins cooked in the oven or fresh croissants, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee. It wasn't a big meal, but we were eating so much elsewhere that it was perfect.

The room. We were in the Owner's Suite, which is the only downstairs room. This worked for us because we get up early and were able to go into the kitchen, also downstairs, and start the coffee without worrying about disturbing anyone else. The fabrics used in this room, for the bed and curtains and upholstery, were lavishly beautiful. The bed was comfortable, and we loved the red sheets. The closet had high quality hangars, not those hotel hangars that are always so hard to use. We liked the extra living space with the suite and thought it was worth the extra $30 a night: I would choose this room again if it were available. The only caveat I have about the accommodations is that the four-poster bed was so high I needed a stool (already provided for this purpose) to get up on it. This was slightly annoying when I had to get up in the middle of the night, when I would choose to sort of slide off the bed with a thump, because it would seem easier then trying to negotiate the stool in the dark. I mention this only because if you had a bad back or a broken foot or something, it could be more than just an annoyance, and it's probably not the sort of thing you would expect. (I'm 5 foot 2; I think if I were just a couple of inches taller I would not have needed the stool.)

The host. He meets you on your first day at your convenience, gives you keys, gives you a map with restaurants (and relative prices), gives you a business card with his cell phone and the number of a cab company, answers your questions, and then you don't see him again until breakfast the next day (he lives elsewhere, but nearby). Perfect. We spent breakfast time just pleasantly chatting with him on all sorts of topics related to New Orleans.

I tend to be wary of those establishments on tripadvisor, like La Maison Marigny, that have a lot of 5-star, non-specific reviews by users who have never written a review on tripadvisor before. A few years ago I was misled into thinking an establishment was better than it was by the large number of 5-star reviews; and once burned, twice shy. Often in these situations I suspect that the reviews have been written at checkout, with the owner looking over the guest's shoulder. La Maison Marigny sends you an email after you have returned home suggesting that you post a review. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a practice like this, but sometimes there may be other establishments just as good that are not as highly rated only because they don't actively solicit reviews; also sometimes it seems this leads to an excessive amount of 5-star reviews, since the new users perhaps don't have enough experience using tripadvisor to think in terms of comparing one establishment to another. However, in this case the B&B deserves the rating, as long as you understand it has earned its 5-stars for what it is--a tiny, clean, well-located, comfortable, efficient, friendly B&B. For what I wanted in New Orleans lodging, La Maison Marigny exceeded my expectations in all respects, and deserves a 5-star review.

Liked best: Comfort and location
Visit was for: Quality time with family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing