“Must see!!”
Review of Vintage 329

Vintage 329
Ranked #41 of 229 Shopping in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Specializing in vintage costume jewelry such as Chanel, Taxco Silver, Miriam Haskell, Bakelite, among other top vintage designers. Our collection also includes vintage barware and original vintage posters. Vintage 329 is a vital French Quarter shopping experience.Our Royal Street gallery will awaken your sense of adventure by offering you a chance to acquire rare collectibles from the past. Whether adding to your personal collections or purchasing a gift, each vintage treasure holds a memory to be cherished.
St Peters
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Must see!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We were fascinated with the assortment of signed guitars, records, pictures, etc. What an incredible place! The staff was great, too! Make sure to stop by this place while visiting New Orleans.

Hoover
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Is it a shop or museum?”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is as much of a museum as shop. Yes, you can purchase autographs of rock stars and sports figures... but you can also see/purchase autographed pieces from historical figures as Dickens, Lincoln, Grant, Lee.... the list could go on. The owners don't mind you browsing at all, and will listen intently at your tales of autograph seeking. It's a neat shop. Must do if on Royal.

Visited July 2014
Colorado
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“A great, visual adventure”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Royal Street is renowned for its upscale antique stores. It was rather refreshing to find this more "down-to-Earth" shop.

In this store, they offer a variety of memorabilia from musicians, sports figures, and movie stars. They have autographs, autographed items, including a number of musical instruments and albums, and they even have a markdown bin.

Anyone who wants to get started collecting can find something here to start a collection with. Anyone wishing to add to a collection can surely find plenty worth collecting here. And, anyone who is just curious about history and memorabilia is completely welcome to walk around, and enjoy the view.

If you like vinyl, they have some great vinyl for sale here that is difficult to find anywhere else. Enjoy.

Visited March 2014
Mariestad, Sverige
352 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 184 helpful votes
“Vintage 329”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

While on vacation in NOLA and the USA we learnt that there are quite a few antique stores on Royal Street so we decided to go there. There all of a sudden we found this store and went in.
I'm not usually interested in antiques -or vintage stores but this one was awesome. There is a lot of sports - and music memorabilia so if you are interested in that or is a collector this is definetly a store for you. The displays of the sports memorabilia is more of an exhibit and could be found in a museum. It seems they are very concerned about documention and background of the pieces before they take them to the store. When I saw the message that the store is on Trip Advisor I decided to write a review - if not I I had suggested it to Trip Advisor though i know it's not easy for a store to be posted here!

Visited July 2013
Vintage329, Social Media Director at Vintage 329, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for checking out the gallery! We love your comparison to an exhibit or museum - maybe we should start charging admission! Hope you come back and visit us soon.
Atherton, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A treasure trove of delight, fun and vintage coolness”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

At age 53, this was my first trip ever to New Orleans. WOW! I fell in love and it was quite overwhelming to know which stores to shop. So much choice! My strategy was to make the rounds and at the end go back to what I liked most. HOWEVER, the New Orleans spirits had something else in mind for me! Third store in on Royal Street was Vintage 329. I tried on a cool vintage ring and said to "Jamie" the lovely young woman who was helping me: "Love it, but need to look at other stores first. See you later maybe?" Then a pair of earrings caught my eye. She pulled them out. We started talking about history and then I saw a necklace I just had to try on - and from that point on I was HOOKED! We had so much FUN "playing." We chatted it up about the various histories of vintage jewelry in the store; I tried lots of things on (even a tiara); I walked around the store and admired myself in the mirror with various pieces; Jamie gave me awesome feedback and helped me decide which pieces suited me most. It was an all around BLAST!!! I loved reveling in the awesome vintage jewelry and imagining who made it and who wore it before me. I delighted in the time spent with Jamie. It was all so playful, uplifting. fun AND educational! Can you believe I purchased SEVEN gorgeous, amazing, pieces (including the tiara) AND Jamie gave me a special magical gift to boot. Oh, and Jamie also prepared historic write-ups for each piece including a vintage advertisement that a brooch I purchased was featured in. Sooooo happy :)

Visited May 2013
1 Thank cindie w
Vintage329, Social Media Director at Vintage 329, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
We're so glad you were able to enjoy our costume jewelry collection with Jamie! We are currently expanding our Vintage Chanel collection, so be sure to come back and try on more jewelry soon!