“WONDERFUL”

B&W Courtyards
Ranked #8 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 March 2009

This was our 3rd stay at the B&W Courtyards and we love it as much now as we did the first visit. Owners Rob and Kevin make guests feel welcome and offer great tips about restaurants and attractions in the city.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kdfrench

Reviewed 20 March 2009

The proprietors of this establishment (the "B" and "W" of their title) are wonderful hosts. They're knowledgeable about everything going on in NOLA (and wonderfully and colorfully opinionated), and they make you feel like guests in their own home, while still respecting your privacy. A fifteen minute walk from Jackson Square, the center of the French Quarter, they're a quiet oasis in the middle of the perpetual party that is tourist New Orleans. Their rooms are beautifully appointed. It will be our first stop on our return to New Orleans.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank amosesq
Reviewed 4 March 2009

This was my first trip to NOLA, Rob and Kevin where fantastic, they greeted me with a warm hello and a map of how to get around. Highlighted with where to eat, shop and play. The upstairs suite has the most comfortable King size bed ever and the suite is very roomy. I was fortunate enough to spend 11 days here and I enjoyed the back courtyard at my leisure. Even got a sunburn which is rare for any Canadian in February.
The breakfast converstions where my favorite time. You can't miss them. Rob and Kevin keep you entertained and well informed. They know their city very well and are full of information. Their guests are very diversified and interesting to meet. You'll feel like you are in your own home. I can't say enough about how fantastic my time was here. You must ask Rob about his fishing trip in Vancouver, it had me in tears I was laughing so hard. I am going back, and I am staying at the B&W.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank steamwhz
Reviewed 2 February 2009

This was our first trip to New Orleans and I can't say enough about the hospitality we received at
B & W Courtyards. We have been to many B&B's and this has to rate absolutely #1. Rob and Kevin make you feel like you are a member of their family. Kevin's breakfasts were wonderful and the fruit plates so artfully presented. Rob's breakfast conversations was such great fun we looked foward to it every morning.

Our room, The Peach Blossom Room, had it's own private entrance. We had gardens and ponds in front and behind our entrance. We never heard, nor saw, any other guests except at breakfast. The weather had gotten quite chilly while we were there and unfortunately we really didn't get a chance to enjoy the gardens as much as we would have liked to. It would have been quite nice to have gotten a bottle of wine in the late afternoon, sat outside and enjoyed the scenery, of the gardens, for a couple of hours and then gone to dinner.

Upon arrival we were given a map of the French Quarter with suggestions of many places to see and also many wonderful restaurant suggestions. All with in walking distance......just a few short blocks away. Our only complaint was that we just didn't have enough time there to see and do everything we'd like to.

We will definately go back and stay at B&W Courtyards. We had a fabulous time. I must say that EVERYONE we met in "NOLA" from the street car conductor, to waiters/waitresses, to strangers on the street were all so friendly and helpful. I believe it's the friendliest city we've ever been in.

Again, we are looking foward to our next trip back.

Ken and Pat
St. Louis, MO.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank patken
Reviewed 7 January 2009

We just got back from a fantastic trip to New Orleans and we miss it already. B&W Courtyards was the perfect home for us while we were there. Our room was inviting and comfortable, and it was wonderful to come back at the end of a busy day of walking about and relax and have a nightly nip of the complementary sherry. The inn is lovely and in a great neighborhood right near Frenchmen's street (so much better than Bourbon!) but the real topper to our stay was Rob and Kevin's fantastic hospitality. Rob is about the most colorful, fun-loving and opinionated (in a good way, really!) man you will ever meet and he provided us with incredible tips about the city that really made our vacation. He and Kevin also had us in stiches every morning with stories of life in New Orleans that were not only highly amusing but also gave us a real sense of the city. I have to stay that I generally am not a big fan of sitting around the table at a B&B and having to talk to people while I am still waking up, but all of the guests at the B&B were intelligent, interesting people, and Rob and Kevin were so delightful, that I found myself looking forward to breakfast every morning (and the yummy baked goods certainly didn't hurt).
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raylonyc
Reviewed 7 December 2008

What an incredible place. Rob and Kevin made us feel totally at home in this beautiful B&B. Our room was fantastic and the breakfasts wonderful. Don’t miss Kevin’s Chinese biscuits – they taste just like my mother from Arkansas used to make!! Better yet, don’t miss the breakfast conversation with Rob, Kevin, and their wonderful guests.

Rob was able to get us on a Katrina tour that is not to miss. Another added bonus – they are only a couple of blocks from Frenchman Street with some amazing jazz clubs and fabulous restaurants. Great scene – go dance with the locals on the sidewalk out front of the Spotted Cat. We can’t wait to go back. It’s the perfect antidote to too much business travel and Rob, Kevin, and their beautiful, lush garden B&B are the best!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank G-and-V_SF
Reviewed 3 December 2008

Highly recommended! Spent a wonderful long weekend escape at B&W Courtyards, Rob and Kevin provided a warm embracing welcome, and I immediately settled into a great upstairs suite with very comfortable king bed and sitting area. All the amenities I needed plus the feel of quality historic property. What a treat.

There are several things I enjoyed during my stay - beautiful courtyards with hot tub and seating areas, welcoming breakfast with warm pastry, "decorator" fruit plate, local coffee, etc and engaging discussion of local goings-ons hosted by Rob and Kevin, great restaurant recommendations, directions, and assistance with tours. The property is localed on quiet street but very close to local cafes, bistros, jazz clubs, shopping and night life.

What fun! I'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dwilson570