First the good
1. The staff were amazing. Exceptionally courteous and accommodating.
2. Locked and gated bike parking....I can not put enough emphasis on how great it is to bike the French Quarter!
3. The rooms are beautiful and spacious.
4. Comfortable beds with lots of pillows!
5. Location, location, location...one block from the quieter side of Bourbon.
Could be better
1. No on site parking to speak of. Valet service is offered at 38.00 a day whether you request your car or not. On the plus side, secure parking is free at Harrah's Casino if you play 30 minutes a day. (Penny slots cost about 2-3 dollars for 30 minutes....possibly less if you win). Harrah's is a little over a mile away, so it's a bit of a hike on foot.
The not so good:
1. As previously mentioned...NO COFFEE. Community Coffee is 1 block away, but it is not fun at all to wake up in the morning and have to get dressed and slog 1 block in the rain for a cup of over-priced coffee. No good! (This one more than anything cost them the 5th star.)
2. AVOID ROOM 102 if you value sleep!!!!!!!!!!! This room seems to funnel street noise. I swear we could here a mouse fart from across the street. It was like we had every person outside the Hotel in our room with us all night. Moved to room 105 the next night and it was shear bliss!
All in all, this is a great place to stay. The staff are absolutely wonderful and the location is stellar. If you don't drink coffee and avoid room 102, then this is 5 stars all the way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cornstalk Hotel has been newly renovated and refurbished featuring fourteen exquisite guest rooms. Brilliant crystal chandeliers, antique mirrors and furnishings adorn the entrance hall, beautifully set off by high vaulted ceilings. The rosette scrolls, cherubs, medallions, stained-glass windows, fireplaces and canopy beds are all relics of a Louisiana plantation home. We are in the heart of the Vieux Carre' (French Quarter), with the sights, the sounds, the gourmet food and night life of old New Orleans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cornstalk Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.