“Girls Trip”

Cornstalk Hotel
Ranked #39 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
“Girls Trip”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is like staying in your own mansion right in the middle of the French Quarter. The Corn Stalk Hotel is located closer to Esplanade than to Canal so this area is a lot quieter and closer to more of the boutique shopping. The best way to get to Bourbon street is 3 blocks down Royal to St Peter. We loved going in the St. Peter entrance to Pat O'Brians and exiting the Bourbon Street doors! We all had a blast all night and shopped all day!
Hotel staff is wonderful!

Room Tip: The room closest to the front door could hear people coming and going.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great location. This was our second time staying at the Cornstalk. Not many extras, but the staff makes up for that with great hospitality. Very helpful with directions and suggestions. We will definitely stay again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Having lived and moved away from New Orleans, I can easily say staying at the Cornstalk was the perfect choice for a weekend getaway with the wife. Walking distance to everything in the quarter (from Bourbon to Frenchman St's), you experience all of New Orleans from this beautiful French style hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is amazing. If you are all about the french quarter, this hotel is for you. It is within walking distance to everything. And if you need a break, you can walk back to the hotel and enjoy your drink on the awesome patio. Will definitely be coming back in the future!!!

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Prior to Hurricane Katrina, I had been traveling at least once annually to New Orleans for about 10 years and never knew the Cornstalk B&B was an option until my most recent trip. This B&B is located in a fabulous location on Royal. Easy assess to all the galleries, and only one block from Bourbon Street and all the noise. The B&B was charming and the staff was fabulous. It was formerly a converted mansion which is a historical site on the horse-drawn carriage tours. I felt like I was living there and not just visiting. The staff was so completely welcoming and the rooms were so comfy. One staff member even loaned me a book that she had just finished reading which I read while I was there. Great quality for value, with lots of history thrown in. I highly recommend staying there and will definitely stay there again. I was traveling as a 55+ single female and I felt very safe while I was there. The taxi driver who the hotel arranged to take me to the airport even came inside to get my bags. Very personalized service. I am a very experienced traveler and this type of service is hard to find. They even brought me two homemade chocolate chip cookies with their turndown service which was a very pleasant surprise. Hard to find this type of service at their prices these days.

Room Tip: Since I was by myself, I stayed in one of their smallest and cheapest rooms which was plenty big eno...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the French Quarter room on a Wednesday to Friday in June. The room was beautiful and comfortable. I was concerned that there would be a lot of noise based on other reviews, but am happy to say that there really weren't any issues. The hotel staff was very helpful. Nice courtyard. Free waters and beverage coupons for use at CC's coffee house. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We loved this hotel. Our apartment rental a block away didn't work out because of a broken a/c unit. So, we booked this hotel through one of the "last minute deal" apps. As soon as we arrived at the front door, we loved it. It's a beautiful mansion that's been converted to a hotel. The staff was super friendly and very relaxed. Our rooms were great. We switched rooms the second night because they didn't have the same room available for both nights. It worked out for us, because the room on the second night was even better than the first. Lots of antique furnishings, decor, etc. It felt like we were sent back in time to a more peaceful, relaxing period. They provided free bottled water, free wifi. You're right on Royal Street, so all the cool galleries and restaurants are in walking distance. Next time we come to New Orleans, we'll definitely be looking to stay here.

Room Tip: First floor room was bigger than the second floor room, but you hear the hallway traffic more since...