“almost perfect”

Ranked #41 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Fort Collins, Colorado
“almost perfect”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I picked this hotel specifically to have a balcony. I reserved a balcony room a month in advance. First, if you dont know already, parking is $35 a day. Pretty steep but where else are you going to park? We checked in and once we got to our room I realized we had no balcony. Called the front desk and they apologized. I was told that they were doing some remodeling and all their balcony rooms were booked. I explained the only reason I booked with them was the fact that I wanted a balcony room. Eventually they called back and took off the parking fee and adjusted the rate of my room to reflect the room I received.
Later that night the circuit blew for the bathroom and hallway light. Someone came to fix it and gave us a bottle of champagne. Nice. It happen again the next night and the maintenance man (not the nice guy from the night before) came and told my husband that it had to be whatever was plugged in that cause the problem. After explaining that nothing was plugged in he got a mild attitude and said that was the only thing it could be.
We also ordered a movie and that was a disaster. Never got to watch the end of MIB3 because the picture was so terrible and kept shaking. They took that off our bill.
Other than the one maintenance man the second night, every single person we came in contact with was wonderful. The room was very clean and the the A/C worked magnificently. The comp. breakfast wasn't bad either. If I wouldnt have had to call the front desk 4 times I would have given them 5 stars. But they did a great job of trying to make it right.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shannon S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Hebrew first
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We experienced some of the worst customer service ever at Dauphine Orleans Hotel. First problem was that the air conditioner in our room was working properly. Spoke with the front desk early in the morning before leaving for the day. I was assured someone would look at it by the time we returned that afternoon. When we returned that afternoon no one had looked at the air conditioner and had to once again report the issue to the front desk. Finally after maintenance confirmed what I had told them they moved us to a new room. Then after returning home from our trip we discovered that they charged us twice to stay there. Charged us for both rooms that we stayed in!! Beware of this place, bellman is the only person who is helpful on the whole property. Stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 August 2012

A friend and I just returned from a girls trip to New Orleans and were wanting a really cool place right VERY near the hustle and bustle but not so close that we had to deal with the craziness all night long. This hotel was fantastic! It was literally one block from Bourbon street and within walking distance to everything else in the Quarter. Mike (the bellman) was wonderful when we were too lazy to walk in the heat of the summer day and would get a cab there for any time we needed. The front desk staff was fantastic as well. They called to see if we were happy with our room, to check if we needed anything and answered all sorts of questions for us including the ones about the resident ghosts (and no, we didn't see or feel any ghosts while we were there). It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a 5 star place but if you want a nice French Quarter hotel with personality for a reasonable price, don't look any further. I will definitely be staying there again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are about the same as far as I could tell. Very clean and the staff was very accommod...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tammy C
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We needed a suite with 3 bedrooms for myself, husband, daughter, son-in-law, and 2 grandkids. Roderick the manager showed us the cottages. They were beautiful, had there own private patio area. noone else was staying in the cottages that night so we also had a private pool.It was not cheap $500. However 2 rooms anywhere in the French quarter was close to that anyways. First time our daughter had been to NO, so it was a great experience for her.Staff was very friendly and helpful. Roderick went out of his way for us. Great location block from Bourbon Street, but alot better. Vicki C. Arlington,TX.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
toronto ontario
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is a very central location - close to everything New Orleans has to offer.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
The pool area is much larger than the pictures suggest.
And the complimentary breakfast is quite filling and complete.
My only complaints - the pub attached to it smelt pretty horrific......and my biggest complaint....I'm pretty sure the doors and windows are made of paper.....because you hear EVERYTHING.
Unfortunately, my room was right beside the elevator, so night and day, all I heard every time the elevator reached the floor was a high pitched three dings (Ding....Ding ding) ....I've had nightmares of this speaking elevator ever since......................
All in all - it's a nice place - but if you stay there....make sure you're room is off the street, and away from the elevator of sleep deprivation!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JDtrain
San Antonio
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

I came to New Orleans with my 13 year old son (his 1st visit) and chose this hotel for its location. From the front desk to the maintenance crew, our stay has been terrific with memorable service and amenities.

When the A/C wasn't working properly, they were on it immediately and it was working well when we got back from dinner.

The guys in Valet were fun & friendly, even goig so far to help me map out our day with some helpful 'local' tips.

The front desk was efficient and fun. The women working the desk were genuinely interested in how our experiences in the city were, what we saw and where we ate. Great group.

The pool was absolutely terrific. We loved the salt water...it seemed 'lighter' and cleaner than a chlorine pool. The courtyards were beautifully appointed with plush chairs and lounges (not a speck of dirt or stain on the fabric!)

We would certainly stay here again, but I would request a room with a balcony...room 210 has a lovely view of an alley. I also found the lighting lacking and would have loved a proper chest of drawers for our 4 night stay.

1 Thank Sybil C
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Booked a so called Balcony Room at the Dauphine Orleans Hotel this past weekend, Aug 9th-12th 2012. 3rd Floor room. Ok, first of all when you book a room with a balcony make sure this is a true Balcony. What a joke. The Window in our room had to be propped opened and you had to step out of the window onto this little ledge of a balcony. Really??? Next time I will ask detailed questions. However we won't be staying in this Hotel again.

Paint was jacked up in the hallway, Very noisy both inside the hotel and outside. Not worth the money spent. Friendly Hotel staff but that was about it....

I love New Orleans but won't be staying here again... You get one shot with me...

Room Tip: Make sure you ask a lot of detailed questions about the room you are going to rent...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family