“All around great”

Ranked #43 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Kent, Washington
“All around great”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Staff was friendly, great location, good breakfast bar. Pool was wonderful. Room was clean, bed was comfy, sheets nice, ac worked great. Only noise we heard was the night of the Saints game and people coming home from that - not a big deal at all. We were there during the hurricane, and they helped us get a taxi fast so we could get to the airport and get out before it hit. Only complaint: that we didn't get to stay that last night - stupid Isaac. Thanks guys - will come back for sure!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Hebrew first
Manvel, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I can't rave enough about the service and friendliness of the staff at the Dauphine. They new us by name from the moment we checked in and one we got to our room, they called to make sure it was up to our standards. From the valet/bellhops to the bartenders at May Bailey's, we could not have asked to be treated any better. It was like we were family.

The bed was super comfy and the in room fridge was awesome. The pool was perfect. The view from the balcony was fun and the noise wasn't too much of an issue. The reception on the TV left a bit to be desired, but who watches TV in NOLA?

I won't stay anywhere else from now on. Thanks, y'all.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 August 2012

when i was 60 my wife linda took me to orleans. we stayed at the dauphine which was one of the best hotel i have stayed. the concerage was terrific and told us how to enjoy my birthday, the room was great as was the staff. coming from boston you will miss out by not staying at the dauphine

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aland459
Helsinki
Reviewed 24 August 2012

If you're going to play tourist in New Orleans, you have to be either in or close to the French Quarter. Dauphin Orleans is located just a block away from the busiest (and, incidentally, raunchiest) part of Bourbon Street, but that one block makes a difference: the hotel is quiet, and with (small) indoor courtyards, including one with a (small) pool, it is a great oasis on a hot summer's day.

The rooms were big, and the complimentary breakfast quite good. (Bird-lover's alert: the breakfast is served in the house in which James Audobon spent his last years. Lucky fellow!)

Parking is on-site, but you get charged a daily rate of $35.

1 Thank Pogo791
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2012

What a Gem! So beautiful and cozy, I didn't want to leave. My husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and decided to go to New Orleans. He had been but this was a first time for me. We saw the Dauphine online and did some investigating. What a wonderful surprise this hotel was. We arrived on Aug. 16, 2012 and stayed till Aug. 19, 2012. We arrived way before check-in time, but they had our room ready for us. It was a lovely room, so clean and fresh smelling. Nice big bed, beautiful TV, a balcony, and a very clean bathroom. We put our bags down and went out to walk around town. We walked down Bourbon street to Canal and then onto Riverwalk and took the steamboat tour. A very nice way to spend the morning. After that we walked back to Bourbon and stopped in some local establishments to get out of the rain. 3 for 1 beers! Oh my! We sat and watched the rain and just people watched, which is quite awesome on Bourbon Street. At night we walked along Bourbon Street, sampled food and drinks all up and down...at one point my husband dropped his phone and didn't realize it and when we headed back down the same way a young man from Rick's Cabaret came over to us and said he saw my husband drop his phone, he picked it up, tried to call out to him but he didn't hear him. He put the phone to the side and figured he would see us again walking back down the street. It was a good 1/2 hr later, but he was right. He gave my husband his phone, wouldn't accept anything, and told us to enjoy our stay. How nice is that?

We ate at NOLA's where I had fried eggplant strips, which were probably just the best things I have ever eaten in my life! My husband had the Taste of New Orleans platter and I had the catfish Po boy! Delish! Our favorite nighttime hangout was Sing Sing. Great musicians playing blues and putting a bluesy twist on some of todays music. Nachos were really good at Rita's Tequilla Room. Pat O's had some awesome food and friendly service.

The Dauphine had an outstanding Continental Breakfast, so that's where we ate every morning. Fresh fruit, assorted cereals, eggs, croissants, sausage, juices, freshly made waffles and coffee and tea.

We went to the WWII Museum which is a MUST. But please allow yourself at least 1/2 a day there. There is so much to see and so much to absorb and so much to honor. We should have planned better because we didn't even get to the Japan side of the attraction and we were there for 3 1/2 hours. It is so impressive so please make sure you plan on visiting!

Just a great time in a great city! Cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: You can always ask for an upgrade when you get there...
3 Thank TeresaC023
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I picked this hotel specifically to have a balcony. I reserved a balcony room a month in advance. First, if you dont know already, parking is $35 a day. Pretty steep but where else are you going to park? We checked in and once we got to our room I realized we had no balcony. Called the front desk and they apologized. I was told that they were doing some remodeling and all their balcony rooms were booked. I explained the only reason I booked with them was the fact that I wanted a balcony room. Eventually they called back and took off the parking fee and adjusted the rate of my room to reflect the room I received.
Later that night the circuit blew for the bathroom and hallway light. Someone came to fix it and gave us a bottle of champagne. Nice. It happen again the next night and the maintenance man (not the nice guy from the night before) came and told my husband that it had to be whatever was plugged in that cause the problem. After explaining that nothing was plugged in he got a mild attitude and said that was the only thing it could be.
We also ordered a movie and that was a disaster. Never got to watch the end of MIB3 because the picture was so terrible and kept shaking. They took that off our bill.
Other than the one maintenance man the second night, every single person we came in contact with was wonderful. The room was very clean and the the A/C worked magnificently. The comp. breakfast wasn't bad either. If I wouldnt have had to call the front desk 4 times I would have given them 5 stars. But they did a great job of trying to make it right.

2 Thank shannon S