“My where it's at place In new Orleans”

Dauphine Orleans Hotel
Ranked #48 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I've stayed at the Dauphine Orleans a couple times now and always have a great stay. My first visit sold me for good. Since it is on Dauphine street you get to enjoy some peace and quiet away from Bourbon. I loved my room across the street in the courtyard in particular - wow! Fabulous sleep jet tub, big closet, gorgeous o.d brick wall and a sumptuous bed. And I loved the courtyard outside, felt so private and homey. Quick walk to the rest of the Old Quarter. In the main hotel my room was a bit smaller and not as swanky, but still lovely. Nice pool area, garage, and they even helped get a rental car. Super nice staff. I don't ever want to stay anywhere else when I go to new Orleans.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank iamstray
Write a ReviewReviews (3,525)

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Check-in great
Room Good
Bathroom Old
Parking Staff needs a tune up, not your typical "Love You Back" Staff.

You are one street North of Bourbon and Dauphine Street has been renovated, great side walks and street.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My sister and I recently stayed at the Duphine Orleans for a Halloween week in NOLA. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful! The hotel was clean and safe. We were only a block away from Bourbon, but we were never bothered by the bustle and noise of that part of the Quarter. On the other hand, we were able to walk out our door and into the action in minutes! The breakfasts were great -- lots of options. My sister and I enjoyed the pool (although it is small) and sat out in the courtyard a number of times. All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank pjbarner
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The Dauphine Orleans is a boutique type hotel in the heart of New Orleans in the heart of the French Quarter. The staff is cheerful, efficient and helpful, the rooms comfortable and well appointed and the public areas charming. But one of the best things is that it's a haven of restfulness just a block from party hearty Bourbon Street. The bar, which has a separate entrance on Dauphine Street is a fun spot for a cocktail. Nice amenities include free WiFi, complimentary breakfast and drink coupons for the bar. There's also a small pool in a charming courtyard.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ellen1091
Reviewed 31 October 2013

A friend from work recommend this hotel and it did not disappoint. The room was a decent size albeit a little on the dark side but other than that the room was good, clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel cant be beaten, right in the heart of the French Quarter, one block back from Bourbon St, and central to everything. We could walk everywhere we needed to go. A special shout out to Josh on the front desk who was always happy and extremely helpful and all his recommendations were a hit and didn't disappoint. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends if they were ever planning a trip to NOLA.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank ShereeJH
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I have been travelling to NOLA for several years now; we go at least 2-3 times a year. We stayed at Dauphine Orleans the very first time we went and it was an exceptional experience...so we've stayed there every trip.

Our stay in August wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible. Valet was rude; we had to wait 15 minutes past check-in time for our room; housekeeping didn't bother to show up one day. Balcony maintenance/construction took place all weekend. The exceedingly loud machinery woke us bright and early Sunday morning…we were jarred by the machinery, annoyed with the racket, and felt highly uncomfortable with strangers on our balcony.

Since we never had issues before we decided to give the Dauphine Orleans a second chance and make a reservation for our annual October getaway. Huge mistake!

The August trip was the first time our room was in the main hotel area; every other time we've reserved a room in the Herman House across the street. We love to stay in that building; it's quiet, serene, and doesn't feel like you're staying in a hotel. This time we were back in the Herman House--room 136. Unfortunately it was a terrible experience.
--A huge gap exists between the door facing and the top of the doors to the courtyard…allowing bugs, light, and noise to enter freely. We could hear the iron doorway to the building slam and the conversations guests were having as they entered and exited the building. The hallway lights and sunlight kept the room well lit during the night/early morning as both were shining through the gap above the door.
--The bed skirt was filthy...I truly don't believe it's ever been washed.
--Enormous cockroach in the bathroom.
--The carpets were disgusting; I couldn't walk barefoot without my feet looking like I'd been walking barefoot on a dirt road.
--The shower looked like it had been attacked by one of those highway machines that eats asphalt--scuff and scratch marks all over it. Also, it was dirty.
--The tub drained so slowly that it was nearly full by the time I finished showering.
--The toilet didn't flush well. We had to call to ask maintenance to fix it one afternoon. Just after calling we left for the evening, and upon returning late that night we discovered maintenance never showed up to fix the problem. When my husband called the front desk, the attendant told him no one was on duty to fix it; so he had to walk across the street to retrieve the hardware to fix it himself.
--Saturday night we placed the privacy / do not disturb sign on our door. Sunday morning at 11:30 (check out isn't until noon), housekeeping was banging on our door asking to clean our room.

The Dauphine Orleans was once a fabulous, clean boutique hotel with outstanding customer service. I can only assume this most unfortunate downward spiral is due to the new ownership.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank AmyBeth102189
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed at the Dauphine both in the main building as well as in one of the suites in the Herman House Courtyard area in their building across the street. The beds are insanely comfortable, the staff is friendly, and the location is convenient for the French Quarter and CBD.
The free water in the rooms was appreciated--they have free breakfast as well which isn't terrible. The courtyards and pool areas are all very charming, the rooms were clean, and the public areas all well maintained. We had a great experience and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple