“Great find in the French Quarter”

Dauphine Orleans Hotel
Ranked #43 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Great boutique hotel in the French Quarter . One block from bourbon st. Delicious breakfast included and free water in the room. Well appointed rooms, some with fridges. Helpful staff will attend to you and make terrific suggestions

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Dauphine Orleans Hotel

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This boutique hotel is all about location! We were so happy to be only seconds away from Bourbon Street, yet far enough back to avoid any noise and rowdiness. You are literally within steps of more bars and restaurants than I can count. It is definitely not for those on a budget though...but the location of the building makes this a great place to stay.

The room we had back onto the courtyard in the back ( not the one overlooking the pool) and we had a cute little balcony with a nice view. The room was spacious, the bathroom tiny, but clean and modern. There was no fridge in the room, which was a bit disappointing since we wanted to chill beer, but we just ended up grabbing them from the bars and groceries stores which worked out well. The heating in the room warmed the space up in minutes which was great! It wasn't super cold, but there was a chill, especially at night, so nice to have a toasty room.

The courtyard with the pool is really beautiful. I imagine it would be great to take a swim out there in the warmer months.

The staff is warm and welcoming- we had no issues whatsoever with special requests. We needed some toiletries we forgot and they sent them up to the room in under 2 minutes!

Breakfast is included which is nice. They have a decent continental breakfast with pastries, bagels, toast, muffins, fresh fruit, sausage, eggs, cereal and waffles along with coffee and juices. Pretty much everything you need to nurse a hangover. They have handy to-go containers so you can grab coffee or food for the road.

You may also get a welcome drink at the bar- this is really fun to do- make sure you grab a local drink like the Sazerac.

Overall a really pleasant experience. Based on location and amenities this is a real find.

Room Tip: rooms backing onto the courtyard are quiet!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel is on a quiet street, one block from Bourbon and two or three from Canal. The staff was very pleasant. Our room was in the Hermann House across the street and was very quiet. The only interruption was the incredible aromas from Bayona Restaurant next door.
We have been staying in the French Quarter for 38 years and even lived nearby for a while. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We recently spent three nights in one of the superior carriage house rooms which I would advise against renting. The room itself was ok,the bed was comfortable and it was nice to stay in a historic cottage but thats where the room's positives ended. We had a hard time getting hot water, it was generally lukewarm. The bathroom needs an update, some of the lighting fixtures were loose and hanging oddly on the walls. The free internet did not work. The room was LOUD. There are huge open gaps under the entry doors so we heard every person who walked by our room all night and early in the morning. If you do get this room I advise stuffing towels in the gaps, we did this the last night and it helped. On the plus side, the location is good, the staff were very friendly and the included breakfast was a nice bonus.

2  Thank Goober818
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I've been in many hotels in different countries but this hotel beats all. Maybe it's the Southern hospitality you hear about. The room was huge and well taken care of and our every request was taken care of with "we will make it the way you want". I've been to New Orleans before at lovely hotels but now with this kind of service. They have a lovely swimming pool, gym and lovely grounds. The complimentary breakfast was abundant with waffles,hardcooked eggs, every cold cereal imaginable and all kinds of breads, cheeses, etc.
Go-you'll love it!!

Room Tip: I like the front of any hotel and I got my choice.
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This hotel is only a block from bourbon street, but it is a world away. A very quiet and safe street close to all the action. The rooms are comfortable and clean but nothing spectacular. But I felt I was staying in a real French Quarter hotel rather than a shiny new Hilton. I loved the balcony and the staff is very helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have been to NOLA many times and have stayed in many different hotels, but THIS hotel has become my new favorite. There are many reasons for this starting and ending with it's ambience. It is quaint, clean, well-appointed and conveniently located to the heart of everything in the French Quarter. The service is exemplary, the bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in in a long time (and after being on the road for over 20 days - this was a HUGE plus!). Overall - if you are looking for the quintessential NOLA experience and want to stay away from the chains - this is the PERFECT option for you. Next time I am in NOLA - I am staying here once again! Good work team - you have a new loyal customer.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 109 and while the staff told me it was smaller than some of the other rooms, I foun...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business