“Great Classic Hotel”

The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #19 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 7 March 2012

What a great hotel. I was in NOLA for the Rock and Roll marathon weekend and decided to stay at the Roosevelt. It was a great choice. The staff is great and very friendly in the hotel. When we got there we had to wait to check in (maybe 15 mins) due to a long line, but they brought additional staff up to try and expedite the check in process. After checking in our room was ready and we were able to get to it quickly. I stayed on the 14th floor in tower one, and never had to wait for an elevator!

The rooms at the Roosevelt are large, clean, and nicely decorated. Our room had 2 queen beds. The beds were very comfortable, and had nice clean linens on them. The bathroom was large, and had a tv in it. They use bath products by Salvatore Ferragamo. My only complaint about the hotel was when the bath products ran out they were not refilled. I left a note for house keep to refill them, but it was ignored.

The hotel was quiet, but located close to most attractions, and was a short walk to Bourbon street, and many other sites.

Overall this a beautiful and classic hotel. If you are looking for a casual luxury hotel in NOLA I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank volk04
There are newer reviews for The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

Reviewed 7 March 2012

My sisters and I took our 72 year old Dad to Nola in feb. Being a group of well traveled, but difficult sleepers we chose the Roosevelt based on it's location and reputation for comfort. We were not disappointed.

We had two suites and two delux rooms. The staff made sure we were all on the same floor. Each room was unique and more beautiful than the next. We enjoyed watching the super bowl in my sister's suite on a giant flat screen with comfy chairs and sofas for us all. We ordered take out from John Besh's Domenica which is located in the hotel. It was a perfect trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The Roosevelt hotel is probably one of the best hotels in the country. Everything is so well thought out from service to amenities. A great deal of design and quality has been put into all the rooms. It is elegant and unique, bringing back service and style you expected from a hotel long ago. The staff is proactive in their hospitality and know how to take care of you.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Only a one night stay after 3 bad nights at a hotel across the street. Management was on top of every single detail and I will definitely stay here again. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank TexKeystone
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My family and I stayed at the Roosevelt during Mardi Gras and I must say I was reluctant knowing how rough New Orleans can be. The Roosevelt could not have done a better job. The Hotel as well as the Staff were spectacular. Restuarant and bar was outstanding and security was curteous and always present. This hotel lives up to the Waldorf expectations. By the way, the bloody mary bar in the lobby each morning was a nice touch.
Bravo, well done!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My wife,myself and another couple stayed at the Roosevelt for three nights last week. We chose the Roosevelt due to it's location from the French Quarters. We wanted someplace close to the Quarters but far enough away for some peace of mind. Well, I'm pleased to report that it was exactly what we wanted. Now, as far as the hotel, it was a very pleasurable place to stay. We pulled up to the hotel only to be greeted by friendly staff who politely escorted us to the front desk. The hotel is very elegantly decorated with a sophisticated environment. The deluxe room was small but very nice. However, we asked for an upgrade and redeemed one the following day. Much thanks to the staff for coordinating the transition. Anyone reading this review, here's my tip...don't pass on asking for an upgrade.

Anyway, there is a pool and hot tub located on the fourth floor that we enjoyed and afterwards went to the bar to try a Sazerac. I personally enjoyed the drink but my wife thought it was too much. That means too expensive($11-plus tip) and too strong. Well, I guess the Sazerac is a personal preference.

Room Tip: Do some homework and call them directly with any questions
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Coolhandluke13
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Went the weekend after Fat Tuesday. Front desk people nice. Concierge was very helpful getting us into Commander's Palace, helping us with trolly route, which places not to miss in quarter. I never use the concierge but they were nice and helpful. Doormen great and nnot pushy. King suite was spacious and the furniture was beautiful. All was clean. Maid service comes later in day which was fine for us. We found the hotel to be quiet and other guests to be respectful. Loved the difft options for food and items in the attached restaurants, store, cafe. Loved the location -- a few blocks off the quarter on the other side of canal -- close enough to walk places but not RIGHT in the middle of bars. Only negative was a very rude worker at the cafe on our last morning. Tall, bigger guy with curly light brown hair. He was in a sour mood I guess. Just unpleasant, snappish; they had no plastic spoons and not willing to look for any. Sad because that was the last person we encountered before our departure.

Room Tip: we did a king suite at a special weekend getaway price
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple